What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/18/15 7:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Both good ones!  I remember a couple of times our principal dressing up for games or homecoming; his "bushman" was more like a caveman, though.  LOL

karenp8
on 5/18/15 8:27 am - Brighton, IL

First off congrats on all the bmi victories. Good choices=good results! My school was in a town named Carlinville and we were the Cavaliers. We even had a student who dressed in costume(kind of like a musketeer) and rode a horse out onto the football field at every football game. Had a busy weekend. Saturday hubby and I went and picked up donations for the food pantry and then made a run for him to pick up his new guns. We ate out twice and I only got my park walk in. Sunday my youngest son graduated from college. I am so proud of him as he has a learning disability because of his epilepsy and got a bachelors degree in biology with a minor in history. It was a tough road as he had a year of chemistry,a semester of organic chemistry and a year of physics to get through along with genetics and microbiology,but he stuck with it and got through. I did get my exercise in Sunday but ate out twice. I was a bit worried when I weighed this am but I was at 118.2! Lily and I did our three miles this morning and I will fit in 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike. On track with fluids and vitamins and here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L chili with cheese D 31/2 oz rib eye with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

christinerocks
on 5/18/15 8:33 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Congratulations to your son! Holy cow I loved science and math in school but that sounds like a brutal year.  And with a learning disability to boot?  Truly an achievement.  And well done to you on your control! Hooray!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Dodgergirl27
on 5/18/15 9:00 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

I had a nice weekend, but went COMPLETELY off the rails and paid for it this morning when I got on the scale being up 2.5 lbs.  I'm trying to get some persepective that the good news is it's only 2.5 lbs and I just need to get back on track and loose it, but I'm super pissed at myself that I let old habits creep back in and that I could eat so horribly for 3 days straight like that (I don't even have good excuses like family events, I just kind of fell of the good choices wagon for a 3 day bender...ugh!).  Anyways, back to basics today.

My high school mascot was a Regent (I honestly don't even know what that is and never took the time to figure it out :)  

Time since surgery: 15 months

B - 100 cal walnut almond pack and 1/2 serving of sommersaults

L - Thai beef salad

D - Likely a chicken breast

S - jerky

W/V - On track

E - Spin class tonight and I may try and get 1/2 hr of kickboxing in too.

Have a great week everyone!

AngryViking
on 5/18/15 9:41 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Regent like a king?  That's a good one!  My son remarked yesterday that he thought the KC Royals mascot should be a king.  LOL

Dodgergirl27
on 5/18/15 10:42 am
RNY on 01/22/14

It might be a King, but the reason I never thought it was is because I went to an all girls catholic school :)  The irony that we'd have a king for a mascot would be horrible, right, at an all girls school?  Can a regent be a queen?  Who knows...we never had an actual "mascot" or any sort of cool drawing of some figure or anything, so it was always kind of mystery, and everyone just sort of made fun of it.

lcraver
on 5/18/15 2:16 am, edited 5/18/15 2:16 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Yes, the weekend weather was glorious but I was stuck inside miserable with a toothache. I broke half of a tooth (molar on top) a while back but never made it to the dentist to get it fix so of course, with a head cold and sinus infection now I have an infected tooth. Good news, was able to get into the dentist this morning and am on antibiotics and pain meds and it will be pulled next week. Bad news, we didn't get our pool cleaned out and finished this weekend... of course, hubby wouldn't touch it without me. So, my plan is to get on it every night this week after work... we should have water in the pool by Saturday (my goal).  Very good news, I lost an additional 4 lbs this week, so I am below 350 lbs. Yay!!! I know a lot of you are way ahead of me but this was a big goal for me: to be under 350 and have lost more post op than before surgery... next goal is 325 lbls.  Slowly but surely, I will become the woman I am meant to be. But, now in addition to all other body issues, now I have to start working on my teeth... they kinda got lost in the mix, with the health issues I had going on last year. But onward and upward.  I did have one NSV, too... my BP at the dentist office was 117/70, which is great normal wise but really great because usually when I go to the dentist, it runs high because I am a scarety cat when it comes to the dentist!

My HS mascot was the Indians... Muncy High School Fighting Indians... colors blue and white. Go Indians! (is that considered politically incorrect???) Our town was named for the Munsee Indians, a part of the Delaware (Lenape) Indians that were in the part of Pennsylvania that I am from so I don't think it was meant racist but more as a history thing. I loved my high school!!

My menu today:

B: Just hot tea w/Truvia Sugar Blend (did not realize how many carbs are in this... will not use in tea again... LOL)

S: 1/2 McDonald's Grilled Ranch Chicken Wrap

L: 1/2 McDonald's Grilled Ranch Chicken Wrap, 1/2 Cup Cherries

S: 1 oz. Beef Jerky, 1 cheese stick

D: Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf, 1/4 Cup Cucumbers

S: 1 cheese stick

Totals: Calories: 758, Protein: 57, Carbs: 56, Sugar: 17, Fat: 37

I have a feeling I will be hard pressed to get this all in today... my mouth still hurts even with the pain meds.

Everyone have a great day!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 5/18/15 9:18 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes, Fighting Indians!  Love it.  And you have some pretty great NSV and SV right there.  Go you!

NYMom222
on 5/18/15 10:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I know I am late to the party, but needed to answer your question ... my school Mascot was the Thunderbrd. ??? And this weekend on Saturday I drove in one day Chicago to New York 15 1/2 hours. Left my sons at 8am and arrived home at 12:30AM, after midnight...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AmyDee123
on 5/18/15 11:32 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Going for revision to RNY from the band, but still pre-op.  Is it ok for me to post?  I am doing what my post-op diet will be until I do me optifast for liver shrinkage.  Monday weigh in has be down 10 pounds from 10 days ago, back to my weight I was when the doctor unfilled my band last month.

B: Premier Choco Shake

L: Small bell pepper stuffed with tuna and avocado with a small slice of provolone melted over it

D: Roasted Chicken drumstick and 1 cup asparagus

S: 2 SF Jello cups

Calories: 714   Carbs: 23   Protein: 77   Fat: 34

Vitamins and water are done, but i am still drinking.  The new diet has me super thirsty.

Exercise is 30 minutes on the rowing machine.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Most Active