WHY are ppl getting frustrated with me in the revision group?

hollykim
on 5/18/15 7:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

she has posted intheadt that she is addicted to carbs and eats off plan a good bit.

ladygodiva1228
on 5/18/15 11:08 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

If that's the case then I hate to break the bad news to her that no WLS revision is going to help her lose the weight and keep it off. 

hollykim
on 5/18/15 2:35 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

she has been told that

Kathyjs
on 5/18/15 6:57 am

I would run from any surgeon that would do RNY with only 64 pounds to lose. There is no surgery that is a miracle. I am not being negative I am being honest . Work the tool you have and you can lose the weight , best of wishes

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/15 7:19 am - OH

I second everything that Chulbert said.  If you never lost a sufficent amount of weight AND gained back much of what you did lose all in just a two year time span, the problem isn't with your surgery, it is with your head and with what (and how much) you are eating.  Until you fix that -- and MANY of us have had to do this, so I am NOT being judgmental -- no surgery is going to be successful for you long term.

Find a nutritionist (or go back to your original surgeon) to talk about what you are eating and find a counselor who can help you look at why you are eating.  You will likely find that your sleeve is perfectly adequate to help you control your weight.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

chevtow41
on 5/18/15 7:41 am
DS on 11/11/14

I myself do not find dumping syndrome to be a benefit - unless you can't control yourself, then I suppose it works, but you could just have someone smack you with a ruler each time you ate poorly in that case.

As for needing high fat to not lose too much weight, that is incorrect. You need high fat because you only absorb approximately 40% of the fat you eat, so to have healthy bowel movements and skin you need to eat higher fat. Doesn't seem to be bad for anyone's heart I've heard of because as I said, you only absorb a small percentage.

I don't believe you're ready for anymore surgeries - #1 - you don't know enough about the other surgeries and #2 - the mental aspect.

To me it sounds like you're looking for a magic weight loss tool which requires no work, good luck with that. Go to dsfacts.com and do some research, see a head doc about your eating problems, and then look at revision.  Just me .02

Chilipepper
on 5/19/15 4:58 am
On May 18, 2015 at 7:41 AM Pacific Time, chevtow41 wrote:

I myself do not find dumping syndrome to be a benefit - unless you can't control yourself, then I suppose it works, but you could just have someone smack you with a ruler each time you ate poorly in that case.

As for needing high fat to not lose too much weight, that is incorrect. You need high fat because you only absorb approximately 40% of the fat you eat, so to have healthy bowel movements and skin you need to eat higher fat. Doesn't seem to be bad for anyone's heart I've heard of because as I said, you only absorb a small percentage.

I don't believe you're ready for anymore surgeries - #1 - you don't know enough about the other surgeries and #2 - the mental aspect.

To me it sounds like you're looking for a magic weight loss tool which requires no work, good luck with that. Go to dsfacts.com and do some research, see a head doc about your eating problems, and then look at revision.  Just me .02

I fear the same for you. You are relatively fresh off the table. I hope you don't think the DS is a magic weight loss tool as well. All surgeries have to be worked and all surgeries have the same regain weight when you put processed carbs in your mouth.  I always wish for long term success for everyone. I just want you to realize in the long run slipups happen and if you look at the DS board, there are been regain issues just like other surgeries. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

chevtow41
on 5/19/15 7:40 am
DS on 11/11/14

I understand that. Thank you for your concern 😊

Chilipepper
on 5/18/15 8:05 am

I replied to you over on that board. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

seattledeb
on 5/18/15 11:01 pm

If only there was a WLS that blocked those nasty carbs. Too bad digestion of carbs starts in the mouth!

Most Active