What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

christinerocks
on 5/21/15 7:46 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hi everyone!

I was on the road yesterday, drove to meet with a potential client.  2.5 hour each way for a 1 hour meeting.  UGH!  I did bring a snack (mini Babybel for the win!) but I also forgot to bring my protein shake, which was my planned lunch.  Ruh, roh.  I was seriously under on my protein yesterday as, by the time I got back I had to go straight to rehearsal (my band is back performing next week!) and I wasn't going to eat anything at 9:30 pm.  

Poor planning, poor execution, on my part.  Today is a new day and I have a plan and a commitment to execute it!!

Time since surgery:  almost 7 weeks

B - Premier shake, chocolate

S - Reduced Fat cheddar stick (3/4 oz)

L - Turkey Burger (2 oz) with low fat cheddar (1/2 oz)

S - Dannon L&F Blueberry

D - 2oz. Tilapia, 1/4c. roasted broccoli

E - 30 minutes stationary bike, complete!

W/V - underway

Totals:  71 g protein, 21 g carbs, 20 g fat, 543 calories

This weekend the hubs and I plan to demo our 50 year old backyard shed.  This thing was built by my husband's father and grandfather, and was built to last.  And last it has, through blizzards, hurricanes, floods, you name it.  But it's quite an eyesore and the 4 feet of snow this winter seem to have finally done it in so... it's being replaced. (I've been working on this for my entire 10 years of owning this house!!) While we have the big container in the driveway we will also use it as an opportunity to clean out the storage room in our basement.  Anyway, our weekend will be a lot of heavy work.  But I am so looking forward to the end result!

Have a great Thursday everyone,

Christine

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

NYMom222
on 5/21/15 2:07 am, edited 5/21/15 2:12 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Late to the party as usual, but love coming on. Can I answer yesterdays question? Ha! I had 2 weird 'brushes with fame' in my life. First in my early twenties my sister and I went to Acapiulco. At the next table in the restaurant was OJ Simpson.... pre-murder trial days... Second I took my son when he was 11 to Washington DC. My sister and her husband were their for a convention too. They were staying at the same hotel as Yasser Arafat (yes, world leader terrorist) and his entourage. He was here for a visit with President Clinton. Well we were coming back down the elevator to go to our hotel. The elevator doors opened, the lobby had been emptied, as we stepped out we were pushed to the side by secret service, Yassar Arafat walked in, (about 3 feet from us) waved to us and nodded his head and got on the elevator we just got off of. Once he was in, they let us go. When we walked outside there were SWAT teams with machine guns jumping back in to vans and helicopters flying overhead with men with guns etc... you get the picture. A little scary....

B: kashi go lean, frozen blueberries, milk

S: Protein drink

L: chicken, broccoli with garlic, rice

S: Peanut butter and celery

D: Turkey meatballs with sauce and spinach

S: Greek yogurt

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Capogirl
on 5/21/15 9:10 am

Good afternoon,

Officially only working 1/2 days now for the time being.  Hernia surgery scheduled for 6/2. 

No real plans for the weekend, my daughter is finally moving into her new home so I will "supervise".     We usually get together with friends on Sunday before Memorial day so we may end up over there, especially since my daughter is moving right next door to them.

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Was supposed to be the turkey meatloaf but I couldn't stand the taste today.  Luckily I had a L&F Strawberry Cheesecake yogurt.

D:  Shrimp - ended up not having this last night, had a scrambled egg w/cheese.

S:  Mini Babybel light

Haven't plugged in the numbers yet. 

lcraver
on 5/21/15 9:14 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

No plans for this weekend... except to hopefully be in the pool! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Menu today:

B: Tea with SweetLeaf 

S:  2 String Cheeses

L: 3 oz Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf, 1/2 Cup Cherries (will snack on this if I can't get them down at L)

S: 1 oz Beef Jerky

D: 4 oz Talapia (if it all goes)

S: Yasso Strawberry Frozen Bar

Totals:  Calories - 756, Protein - 66, Carbs - 55, Sugar - 36, Fat - 31

I think I am going to make some of Eggface's protein muffins this weekend to freeze so I can have them for breakfast. I have got to do something for breakfast easy once I get to work... I cannot stomach anything early when I first get up and while I am getting ready for work.  Any suggestions?  

Everyone has a great day.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 5/21/15 9:21 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I don't eat breakfast until probably 9 am; I gotta get my coffee in first!  It's usually a yogurt or cottage cheese with some kind of mix-in, like dry cereal, SF preserves, etc.  Sometimes I'll bring a microwave breakfast sandwich and that really fills me up for a while.  

NYMom222
on 5/21/15 2:45 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am with you, I have to get my coffee/tea in before any food or shake... can not wait another 30 minutes for that! AV -checkout my post, I thought you would like my story--- answer to yesterday's question.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Maria27
on 5/21/15 9:52 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

The only things that don't upset my pouch in the morning are liquids. I can only do kifer, protein shakes, and sugar-free lattes before lunch. But I prefer to save my calories for later in the day anyway because that is when I have more of an appetite. Eggface's protein muffins make a great afternoon snack. You could also try her savory ricotta pancakes.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Rachie_gerbergirl
on 5/22/15 7:26 pm

What is an Eggface protein muffin? Thanks!

Lisa87
on 5/21/15 9:33 am
RNY on 12/13/13

It's freezing here in Indiana! Still wearing my winter clothes! 

No plans for Memorial Day Weekend. May have an impromptu get together with friends.

Time since surgery: 17 months

Breakfast: Premier Protein Shake Chocolate

Mid- morning snack: Baked chicken leg quarter

Lunch: Roast beef

Dinner: Hamburger patty salad

Snack 16 ounces of 2% milk- It's ultra pasteurized and has 15 grams of protein per 8 oz serving/ half the sugar of regular milk.... I LOVE IT! It's produced by Coke-a- Cola. Can't think of the name right now.

Vitamins and Water on track! Hate it when I am behind!!!

Total Water Only 68 oz 

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday!

Lisa87 

5'4"

AngryViking
on 5/21/15 9:41 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Whoa, what the heck does that say?!  LOL

Most Active