What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

gigemgarcia
on 5/20/15 6:54 am
RNY on 12/08/14

You know... I still have a long way on my weight loss journey, but I really get tired of all my coworkers and their OBSESSION with food. They eat constantly. For example, we have a pot luck at 9 this morning for breakfast. One of my coworkers brought in kolaches from a local donut shop, but she also brought in donuts and has eaten two... BEFORE THE POTLUCK STARTS. I think the feelings I feel aren't jealousy, but guilt. I remember being that person... I used to do that to my body. Then I feel this surge of judgement, and I can't help it, which makes me feel even more guilty and hypocritical. I guess I need to get used to being the person with self-control. I end up just feeling all-around terrible and like a bad person. It's a confusing situation. lol.

ANYWAYS....

B:Yogurt and fruit (from the pot luck)

L: Frozen Adkins Meal (I usually stay away from this, but since I'm skipping my protein shake, I wanted to have a high protein meal.

D: Baked Chicken Breast and Broccoli

S: I have a mini bag of popcorn, if I feel hungry.

Water and vitamins will go down after breakfast.

Berryhoosier
on 5/20/15 7:05 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I've met Nancy Kerrigan.  And actually had a conversation with Brett Butler, because she is a friend of a friend.  Once at Jazz Fest in New Orleans John Goodman came and stood right in front of my chair.  I could have poked him in the butt.  But I didn't.

My date last night was great.  I wasn't planning on telling him about WLS on the first date, but he mentioned that I didn't seem very hungry.  So I just came out with it.  It didn't bother him at all.  I'm hoping for a second date, but either way, it was a great evening!

B: 1/2 eggwhite delight and coffee

L:  gyro meat, cherry tomatoes, tangelo if room

S:  popcorn

D: cookout tonight - probably a hamburger with no bun and a few chips

Emiepie
on 5/20/15 7:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay, glad the date went well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lcraver
on 5/20/15 7:09 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

The only famous person I ever met was the dad off Family Matters (the show with Steve Urkel), Reginald VelJohnson. I worked with his sister for years and he came to visit her. The one thing I remember most about him was that he made great eye contact and was really friendly. No one else famous... I live a sheltered life!

Menu:

B: Chocolate protein shake (finally have the protein that I used long ago...Myofusion... does have 2 grams of sugar but I love it)

S:  Moon Cheese (not terrible)

L: Turkey Meatloaf, 1 oz red potatoes

D: Talapia, 1/4 cup cucumbers

S: Cherry Greek Yogurt, 80 cal

Totals:  Calories:  680, Protein:  65, Carbs:  42, Sugar:  15, Fat:  27

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Emiepie
on 5/20/15 7:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! You took the thoughts right out of my head this week. I see donuts and junk food brought in every single day some days I feel so jealous too (even though the thought of actually eating any donuts does not sound good at all!). Glad I am not alone. The only famous person I have ever met was Willie Nelson when I was young. He was staying at a hotel down the street from our house while in town for a concert and was riding a bike in the neighborhood-funny!  Tonight is the "Spring" concert for my daughter so I will be enjoying elementary band, strings and choir this evening (she plays clarinet and sings in the choir). 

Time since surgery: 9 months

B: SF Soy Salted caramel latte, egg beater scramble, fruit (apple slices and berries) 

S: Pistacio thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: P3 Ham pack and string cheese (unless we head out today)

S: L&F Greek Blueberry yogurt with a tad granola

D: !/2 flat out pizza, small salad and froyo

E: 1/2 stationary stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1020 Protein: 71 Carbs: 95 Fat: 44

Good day all!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

danie11e
on 5/20/15 7:24 am

Good Morning!

The only famous person I have met is Dog the Bounty Hunter at a book signing 😆 we have seen local profession athletes out and about, but have always opted to not say anything or approach them as they were out with their families/friends.

I have always worked in healthcare, and have never seen people obsess over food like the healthcare industry does! Interestingly, the Bariatirc surgeons office in our area sent our clinic a HUGE box of Godiva chocolates at Chritmas time....job security!?

Anyways, I love all the suggestions I have gotten from these posts so I thought I'd start sharing mine:

Surgery 9 weeks ago

B: Muscle Milk Light

S: Oikos Triple Zero

L: Egg Salad with cheese crisps

S: Low fat cottage cheese

D: Shrimp Casserole, cottage cheese

S:  Light Baby Bell cheese

E: 60 minutes at the gym

Cal: 867   Fat: 33   Carbs: 58   Protein: 81

Hope everyone has a great day!! 😄

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Emiepie
on 5/20/15 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome!

phibbmom
on 5/20/15 8:39 am

I'm a stay at home mom, but I can tell you that the food thing happens in my house too.  I find myself judging how much everyone is eating.  I know that I used to eat double what they eat, but I still find myself going, WOW . . . look at how much/how fast everyone else is eating. 

I have met a few famous people . . . Sugar Ray Leonard, Larry Holmes, Lavar Arrington, Jack Kent Cooke, Charles Mann (all time favorite Redskin), Iyanla (getting my nails done . . . went through a whole list of did you go to this school or work here because I knew that I knew her - when she left someone told me who she was).  I WISH I had met Steven Tyler!!!!

Anyway, on to my daily which I have been missing out on for a while:

Time since surgery: 7 mos

B:  Fiber cereal, skim milk

S:  Freeze dried snap peas

L:  egg salad, strawberries

D:  Lobster, kale

Vitamins:  Started

Water:  working on it

Exercise:  treadmill - 1 hour

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Dodgergirl27
on 5/20/15 8:46 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

AV, I feel your pain!  My office always has goodies too, but everyone is pretty over weight (in fact since losing weight I get some kind of snotty comments about my size, which to be honest makes me giggle inside now) so it kind of helps me to stay away because I think it was eating like that, that led to me needing WLS. Also, the crap is ALWAYS gone by 11am at the latest, b/c people go to town here, so I only have to avoid temptation in the morning, and lucky for me my willpower seems to be the weakest at around 4pm, not 10 am :)  So, it's been easy enough to avoid.

Time since surgery: Almost 16 months (that blows my mind)

B - 2 string cheeses & 1 packet of fiber gourmet thinables

L - Work lunch, prob sushi which is my favorite

D - Leftovers (either meatloaf or leftover Chipotle bowl)

W/V - On track

E - None planned (I went on a killer hike last night, it was awesome, but I am SORE today...and I sorta pulled a muscle, so I'm going to take it easy today)

Have a great Wed everyone!

AmyDee123
on 5/20/15 8:57 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Morning all!

Food obsessing is getting bad for me right now.  I am at the tail end of Carb Flu so all I can focus on is bread and pasta.  I desperately need it.  And wednesdays were the days I used to go shopping and package up all of the family meals for the week.  Not doing that today has left me with a sort of question on what to do for the day.  I think an extra long walk is in order.  I got on the scale this morning and found myself down 3 pounds from yesterday!  I know its most likely an anomaly and it will come back tomorrow, but it is definitely a motivator in everything I do today.

As for famous people, I have met too many to recall.  When I was a child my grandparents used to deliver for a pharmacy in Hollywood.  We went to all the stars homes, and some we would spend time in.  My two favorites were seeing Bob Hope and him teaching me how to putt on his home course, and we would visit Lucille Ball.  She would play with my hair, take a small cut of it every time we came by (I'm a redhead) and feed me ginger snap cookies.  When I was young we would visit her so much I thought she was family to us.

As an adult I have always been around the entertainment industry, bartending, working in radio, and now I own bars.  I meet a lot of famous people, mainly comedians and musicians.  I have a few on my bucket list, but I am pretty proud of my list so far.

As for food:

Doing the post op diet guidelines pre op.  Revision promised for June.

B: Premier choco shake
L: roast beef and provolone roll ups, green pepper sticks
D: Black Forest ham steak, brussel sprouts with bacon
S: Sugar Free Jello

calories: 947   Carbs: 23   Fat: 44   Protein: 112

Vitamins are in, water is started.  I plan on doing two 30 minute walks today.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Most Active