Need Some Help, It is Creaping Back...

bmcguinness
on 5/16/15 2:57 pm - Elk Grove, CA

I am 6 years out since my surgy, and I did real well and lost almost 250lbs in the first year, it seem to fall off. Over the years I found I could eat a little more and more. in the last 2 years I have gained around 40 pounds, and have gone from a size 40 waist to a 44. I know part of it is from drinking more beer with my Legion buddies. All my loose skin which I never had removed is starting to fill out again. I need some advise on reversing this weight gain, and start burning what I have gained. Can someone recomend a base diet that will help take advantage of the suregery already in place. I am sure I worded this right but you should get the general idea.

Thanks

Brian

cspotrun
on 5/16/15 7:38 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

If you can go back to basics.....dense protein first, then some veggies, severely restrict carbs, and don't drink with meals, that will be a great start.  That's the best way to feel the restriction and drop weight.

Karen   

Grim_Traveller
on 5/17/15 2:05 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You know what you need to do. You just have to do it. Easier said than done though.

The worst thing you can do is drink calories. Knock off the beer.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

lynnc99
on 5/17/15 7:02 am

Reverse the gain:

Step 1: Quit drinking beer. It's empty calories and is metabolized as a carb.

Step 2: Back to the basics my friend. Dense protein. Tons of water. Veggies. No junk. 

Clean out your cupboards and frig, and start TODAY! I've lost 27 of 35 regained pounds in the last few months - it's slow and requires a lot of focus but you CAN do it!

Burn what you've gained:

Get in motion. Instead of sitting at the Legion with your buddies - go to the gym. Or Power walk. My husband (non WLS) dropped 75 lbs. by setting a goal of 5 miles in an hour. He does it religiously 6 days a week. 

Kathyjs
on 5/17/15 10:02 am

Easy answer . No more beer

selhard
on 5/17/15 8:48 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Friendly suggestion to make an appointment at the bariatric center you had WLS at.  There is a chance they have a specific program in place to help you, may have the perfect base diet you are looking for, or will discuss revision surgery if you are interested.  

JA
on 5/18/15 8:55 am - East Haven, CT

Alcohol is your enemy!  It's sugar and carbs....both a RNY patient's enemy.  Drop the beer and you'll probably drop the weight.  I have to agree with everyone else...lots of protein.  Good luck.

JA

RNY/7/21/2004/-100 lbs forever

JA
on 5/18/15 8:55 am - East Haven, CT

sorry wrong response - apologies

bmcguinness
on 5/18/15 3:50 pm - Elk Grove, CA

Thank you all, I'll start with the Beer, I was looking at the basic 6 week post op liquid diet last night. It has the right amount protien, with little to no carbs. But it might work. The difference is, when I was on the diet the first time, I had the pain associated with overeating and streching that new pouch. I have streatched that little guy over the years. it takes alot more to feel the warning paining.

Most Active