???????? Taco bell? ???????

Kate -True Brit
on 5/14/15 1:25 pm - UK

Very unusual recommendation. My medical team all tell me to avoid processed, high sodium foods. There is nothing inherently unhealthy about food just because it is fast! But unfortunately fast tends to equate to fatty, salty etc,, 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

chulbert
on 5/14/15 1:28 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

You shouldn't have anything at Taco Bell.

sharronosia
on 5/14/15 2:30 pm

Thank you guys for all your support. I really needed the reminder. Its just hard to decide on what to eat. Need to find new and exciting things to eat. Im back on track now. Thanks guys!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/14/15 2:32 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

It is hard! But I swear it becomes easier.  :-)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

kathkeb
on 5/21/15 7:42 am

Respectfully, you need to stop looking for 'excitement' from food, period.

Food is fuel for now -- and for a long time to come.   Use it to fuel your body and make a list of some other things you can do for 'excitement'.

Honestly, even though I can eat small quantities of ANYTHING, I practice going out with friends and enjoying a sugar-free beverage while they eat.  I still enjoy the company, and then conversation --- but I need to teach myself that I don't HAVE to eat just because food is available.

That is how I got to be almost 300 pounds ---- because I ate for pleasure, boredom, excitement, because it was there ---- and now I work to eat to satisfy my physical hunger.  I am not 100% successful --- but it is like a muscle -- the more I exercise that behavior, the stronger I will become with it.

Kath

Gina 22 years out
on 5/14/15 8:27 am, edited 5/14/15 8:27 am - Burleson, TX

SHARRONOSIA--KUDOS, to YOU, for coming here, asking a question, and accepting answers, with GRACE, even when , perhaps, the answers might not have been what you might have wanted to hear (You were hoping we  would say a big honkin' taco salad-right???--it's a SALAD !!  )...

When I was fresh post op, Taco Bell refried beans was MY first "meal"...and my 2nd...and my 3rd...but that was 13 years ago..and we are smarter now...reFRIED beans...now,there's a clue...

My son works in a Mexican restaurant...We don't even WANT to know how all that food gets to taste SOOOO good...sugar/lard-in BEANS..huh?...yep...

Unless you are cooking something...from scratch...yourself...you are at the mercy of someone else, at how it is prepared...Just because a chain store/restaurant gives us a "nutritional info" sheet, it doesn't mean the kid preparing that taco is following all the rules, and scraping the oil off that grill..

Mostly, we do the best we can..as you get further out, you CAN make wise choices at most ANY restaurant..Maybe just don't tempt fate, just yet, anyway

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

JAMStribe
on 5/14/15 3:51 pm

you didn't come this far to eat fast food. I don't even do Wendy's chili.  I have heard stories that I don't know are true but I

avoid it all the same. 

Go to Eggface website or google some new healthy recipes. You can do this!!

Kathyjs
on 5/14/15 4:49 pm

Until you are at goal there is no good fast food !! Being cleared for ALL foods doesn't mean fast food. 

jackietex
on 5/14/15 6:49 pm
When I road trip with my 4 dogs in the summer I either bring food (peanut butter and sugar-free jam, for example), or I have to get fast food, especially if I'm traveling with my teenage son. I have gotten a Taco Bell bean burrito. It's not healthy, but it is filling and not the worst choice in the world. I definitely try to be prepared about my choices. I NEVER get fast food hamburgers , french fries, or fried chicken. I rarely eat fast food/drive-thru, but in a pinch I can get McDonald's oatmeal, grilled chicken nuggets and fruit from Chick-Fil-A, a small sandwich at Subway, or (my fave) a veggie bowl at Chipotle (double beans, no rice). Good luck!

Lap RNY February 15, 2012
Starting weight 195 (ht. 4'10)
Surgery weight 178.5
Current weight 113

aesposito
on 5/14/15 6:56 pm

In an emergency, my Taco Bell go-to early on was pintos and cheese with sour cream.

Fat does not make you fat. 

But having said that, note I used the phrase "in an emergency".  Fast food in general is creepy and filled with the used bandaids and dandruff of teenage food service workers :)

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.