What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 5/14/15 8:22 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I like to share the wealth....what can I say?

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

gigemgarcia
on 5/14/15 6:47 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Good morning! I am still pretty new to the journey, but I definitely feel you on bra shopping. The bra I am wearing right now fit perfectly in the store, yesterday the cups felt WAY TOO BIG, so I took it off and wore another bra. This morning in my sleepy stupor, I put it on again and this time my girls were spilling out of the cups! WTH??

B: Smoothie (lactose-free/fat-free milk, frozen berries, and chobani 100 greek yogurt)

S: None... I have decided to cut out snacks until I get over this stall

L: Naked chicken tenders with BBQ sauce and a few cucumber slices

D: Egg and cheese omelette with salsa

Vitamins- check Water- in progress

Exercise today will be stationary bike and arms/shoulders.

Emiepie
on 5/14/15 7:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Gotta love ear worms (at least I think that is what they call that!). Have you tried listening to the whole song? Regardless-enjoy it and sing it at the top of your lungs!.......I'm in trouble deep :)

Bras....I found a few nice good fitting ones at Victoria's secret a bit ago when they were on sale.I had an employee actually do measurements and still wanted to go for a bigger size but took her recommendation and have actually been pleased with them. Good luck and take your time and you'll find the right one! 

Time since surgery: 9 months

B: SF cinnamon dolce latte, egg beater scramble with spinach, broccoli and shredded cheese, and fruit (peach and apple) 

S: Cinnamon raisin thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: Grilled chicken (assuming we will head out for lunch today)

S: L&F Greek Boston Cream Pie yogurt and a banana if needed

D: P3 ham pack and egg whites and froyo

E: 1 hour cardio at the gym

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1054 Protein: 85 Carbs: 118 Fat: 27

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ocalasam
on 5/14/15 1:20 am, edited 5/14/15 1:21 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I'm chiming in about the bra shopping.  I'm too lazy to write what I eat, but always protein forward and under 1200 calories.  Working on getting my vitamins in - this is SUCH a struggle for me and always make my water goal.

Onto bras. . . get fitted at Victoria's Secret.  Still cheaper than an actual bra store and the ladies know what they are doing.  They sell about ten different kinds of bras for different body types.  I had to get one that went up pretty high on the sides or I would spill out there.  Since I am at goal and am 29 months out and maintaining my weight loss at 117, THE BOOBS HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING.  I went from a size DD to a B.  That's not the worst part, I look like a post mastectomy patient.  It's disturbing.  I always look fine in clothes and even bathing suits, but I look horrible naked.  I feel like I'm too old to get a boob job.  I'm 41 with two kids.  If I look ok in clothes and bathing suits, I can live with it.  I also don't want to spend the money.  I have started wearing Coobie bras for about 9 months now.  They have no underwire and have soft inserts that shape you.  They are so comfortable that I sleep in them.  Anytime I wear a structured bra, I am so uncomfortable by the end of the day!  They really don't need the support.  If I wear a tighter fitting dress or something, I will wear a real bra, but otherwise, it's Coobie all the way.

NYMom222
on 5/14/15 2:34 am, edited 5/14/15 2:36 am
RNY on 07/23/14

My girlfriend had told me SOMA had nice bras. (at my local mall).. so I ordered some off their website... wasn't sure about the fit, as I am in between band sizes, and didn't want to get the same larger size. SO I went to the mall and returned them... then started looking at the clearance rack, then the girl started helping me... her suggestion which is working like a dream was to buy a bra extender. I knew those things existed but never thought of buying them. They are for when you are in between sizes. So I ended up rebuying the ones I returned...LOL... and the bra extenders...luckily she honored the price as I had a coupon on the internet. Also bought one clearance bra. So three bras for about $24 each. Not dirt cheap, but I can't operate, especially in the summer without at least three bras. I had found one I liked that I had been rebuying in different sizes off Amazon,($16)  but it is lace and that doesn't work with summer T-shirts.

B: 1 slice WW toast with 1 egg and cheese ,melted on it. Bacon

S: Fruit smoothie with vanilla protein powder

L: Cottage cheese, and carrots

D: Out for Chinese

S: Greek Yogurt

Exercise: babysitting a 2 year old for about 5 hours while everyone else goes to the Cubs/Mets game. :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Capogirl
on 5/14/15 10:00 am

I've had one in my head for a couple of weeks it's an oldie from the late 60's called "Signs" by the Five Man Electrical Band.  This morning on my way to Dr. appt. it came on the radio on my oldies station.  I cannot tell you how many years it has been since I have heard this song.

Bras are always a problem for me, I was busty when I was skinny, so I've always had to look for supportive bras, but cannot wear underwires as they poke me in the armpits.   Luckily Playtex has style 4693 one of their 18 hour bras that I can wear and they go up to a G cup (which thankfully I do not need).  My daughter has great luck at Soma when they have a sale. 

I'm very disheartened today as I had to go back to dr. as my umbilical hernia may need surgery.  They had to "shave some fat" near it when I had RNY and told me it would turn black and blue.  It didn't it turned red and inflamed and has been bothering me, when I went for my two week I was told it had turned into a hematoma and I should apply heating pad to break it up.  Well that only made it more painful and irritated.  When she called yesterday from Tufts and asked how it was I told her and was told to come in today.  I saw the attending and she thinks I may need to have surgery to remove hernia altogether, but the surgeon was unavailable for consult so they will call me back later today. 

I am supposed to start back to work on Monday, this isn't a good thing. 

Anyway, here's the food

B:  Premier Protien Shake

L:  2 turkey meatballs w/marinara

D:  ?  Hubby away on business trip tonight, I need to go to store, but I do have one more chicken sausage left so I may have that.   Kiddos can have their leftover pizza from last night. 

S:  ? probably Dannon L&F Banana Cream

Emiepie
on 5/14/15 3:03 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! I hope that you get better news when they call you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 5/14/15 10:01 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi All!  Sorry I have been MIA - I have been condo shopping since I realized that DC rents are higher than even I imagined, and it looks like I am BUYING A PLACE. I feel so adult.  But this means between work and travel, I am applying for loans and scheduling inspections and fun stuff like that :)  I try to at least read the post each day.

Kristin, I totally recommend Nordstroms.  Those ladies can fit you and get you the BEST bra.  I know their bras are like $80 but I am telling you, the difference is amazing.  If you hand wa**** it can last a long time.  I also go buy the same bra at Nordstrom Rack for much less.  Since my breast lift, I have what my surgeon calls "athletic B-cups) which means I can buy soft non-underwire bras at Nordstrom Rack that have little pad inserts and get by with those.  I haven't been fitted for a new underwire bra because the little ladies don't really need an underwire!  (as someone who was once a 44DDDD, this is simply amazing to me).  I do need to get some bra that lifts and creates at least an illusion of cleavage, so I am waiting for the Nordstrom bi-annual sale :)

My dinner is up in the air since I have an event at the zoo tonight whi*****ludes free food and drink.

B: Light and fit yogurt, just under 1/4 cup of high protein granola, coffee with half and half

L: Half of a flat out light with pizza sauce, ground turkey (which I have been struggling with as a leftover but digest it just fine the day I make it!), mozz cheese

S: Boursin cheese with reduced fat pita chips

D: TBD

E: Already have 6,000 steps in from running around town this morning, and going for a walk as my "lunch" in an hour, plus walking at the zoo tonight.  My daily goal is 15,000 steps and I have been averaging that.  I am going to do squats and lunges while I have a conference call this afternoon too.

My totals will be around 1,600 calories, 80 protein, 100 carbs which seems to be my maintenance menu on days I don't work out - days I burn 600 or so calories, I am up around 1,800 or 2,000.  I am so envious of people who live on 1,000 calories a day in maintenance - I just can't do it! 

Have a great day, all!

JAMStribe
on 5/14/15 9:08 am, edited 5/14/15 9:09 am

Hello!! 

For the past few Christmases, a friend and I at work used to come in with the song of the day. Apparently, we would get a song stuck and then share it with the other and we both would be singing it all day.  omg.. too funny. 

As far as Bra shopping.  When I  really started losing and HAD to buy bras I went to Victoria Secret. I was scared to death that someone was gonna say Honey we cant help you.  A young (to me) lady came up to me and helped me fnd what worked and what didn't. measured me, can I tell you its been YEARS since I have been measured.  Well now I am a VS frequent flyer and I enjoy every second.  Can I get them cheaper? probably. But I don't care right this minute.  That little pink bag makes me feel fun and silly and thankful that I jumped into this journey.  It won't last forever cause I'm not a big spender but gosh   its fun.   I am going to TX for a work conference next week and I have bought NOT a thing.  I am really struggling with this body image thing. I can buy exercise clothes and obviously VS but regular clothes to ear everyday?  Where do I go? You mean Lane Bryant is off my list of the only place I can shop?  What do you mean you don't carry my size?  Ladies, I could shop all day when I was 270 but now I hesitate.  Yes, I am in counseling about the whole body image thing and yes I will buy a few things for next week. This is just part of the process that I never ever expected. 

SO:

Surgery 063014

Lost 103lbs so far!! Super thankful!  

B: CLick protein shake and coffee

S: yogurt w 1/3 cup go lean crunch

L: today boss bought lunch  Grilled vege wrap (1/2) apple with laughing cow cheese wedge

More coffee

D: Parmesan chicken br (1/2). 1/2 bakes sweet potato (YUM) and a few green beans.

S: not sure what I have at home. tonights my late night at work.

Hope you all have a great weekend

CS 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?