Vets: Pertaining to "not hungry" days

SkinnyScientist
on 5/13/15 11:22 pm

This is a really indepth answer.

I can see how I fit both scenerios. I fell into carbs the day before the "not hungry day."  I didnt even think that my tanks would be "full."  With that said, I dont want to lose muscle mass and strength.

So, I had a vegetable dish of roasted carrots, parsnips and butternut squash and currants.  Then I had a bit of an egg white dish for meat/protein. 

It was a good workout too!  847 calories. So I will take that!

:)

Thanks for the good advice. 

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Ladytazz
on 5/13/15 12:20 pm

I'm not hungry in the morning, either, but I still have a protein coffee.

I used to skip lunch so I could eat more at dinner (pre-op) but I've found that that is a waste of time since I can only eat so much no matter how long it has been since I ate before.

I also learned that hungry or not I eat on a schedule.  I have been doing it so long now that it is ingrained in me.

If I only ate when hungry it wouldn't be that often.  Probably between low blood sugar attacks.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/13/15 11:24 pm

Thank you. I wish I were in that sweet spot where I "forget to eat" again.  

Unfortunately, my head still sees food as "entertainment" or a fun distraction when work is hard or mind numbing.  

I am my own worst enemy in this regard...

And usually, I totally KNOW when it is breakfast, lunch or supper time.

Gina 22 years out
on 5/13/15 2:11 pm - Burleson, TX

SS--I KNOW you are "asking a question" you already KNOW the "answer" to, but I'll say something anyway, for the benefit of someone else, who possibly honestly doesn't know...

Does your car need FUEL, in order to properly operate?

Do you care as much for your BODY, as you do for your CAR?

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

SkinnyScientist
on 5/13/15 11:28 pm

Actually I didnt know the answer. That is why I asked.

I used to run long slow distance the first year post-op, early without breakfast because I read somewhere that it forces your body to use fat as fuel.

Paul recently set me straight...like about a week ago.

So, I probably have been "getting away" more than I should have based upon dumb luck.

You should not think people are deliberately trolling or asking asshole questions to be an ********ome of us, get plans, follow them and then run into situations which aren't covered by the plan. So we ask.

Miss Liss
on 5/13/15 2:23 pm

I get it that you are not hungry, but if you are planning to do that much exercise and exert yourself for that long a period of time, you better fuel your body.  Your body needs fuel in order to function at an optimum level.  Plus, if you go and exercise for more than an hour on ZERO food for the day, you are asking for a really low blood sugar to hit.  Once that happens and your blood sugar drops too low, it is hard to recover from.  You will feel like crap the rest of the day more than likely.  I would at least eat a snack that has both proteins and some carbs in it before exercising. 

Eggface
on 5/13/15 5:09 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

On not so hungry days I still eat something... smaller, a few bites of something. I don't like dips in my blood sugar. I get headaches. If you are exercising it's even more important. Burpee faceplants are not pretty ;)

Plus for me when hunger doe**** finally I tend to eat a bit more at the next meal and end up feeling crummy. I'm better off on a schedule.

If you are actively trying to lose you need a little fuel so your body doesn't try and hold on to fat stores... like wood on a burning fire, you need to stoke it up a bit so it burns well.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

SkinnyScientist
on 5/13/15 11:38 pm

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/13/15 5:22 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Being compulsive or obsessed about not eating can have as serious of consequences as being obsessed with eating.  

Remember, we don't get to choose our cross addictions -- so make sure that you aren't crossing over into disordered eating habits.  You've lost to below goal already.  It really doesn't make sense not to eat before an intense workout... and I think in your heart that you know that.  Your health, not the number on the scale is the most important thing.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

lynnc99
on 5/13/15 8:06 pm

Every so often I have a "big eating" day....and every so often, I'm not very hungry at all. I do strive to hit my protein targets every day so yes, I do eat something regardless, but I might sub out a protein shake as a meal replacement, or sort of "catch up" with a fuller dinner such as fish, veggies, and maybe half a sweet potato. I wouldn't recommend high intensity exercise if you've essentially fasted all day. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.