Just wanted to say thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/15 8:04 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I just wanted to thank all of the vets on here as well as my fellow newbies who've been incredibly helpful, honest, and supportive. The past week has been a lot easier on me physically than I expected but a LOT tougher emotionally. I really appreciate all your words of support and wisdom! Now I just need to hold it together for my husband's VSG next Monday!

Semaenlightened
on 5/11/15 9:16 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

The first few weeks my emotions were all over the place.  Did a lot of crying and had moments of feeling an overwhelming frustration...at everything and everyone.  It is getting better, I still have my moments, but it does get better.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/12/15 12:42 am

:)  

Mine were all over the place for the first 8 months..so if you are getting off with just a few weeks, ya got off easy!

Sometimes the "mental" is the hardest part of the journey, even now!

Yesterday, I ate my lunch and wouldnt you know, a supervisor in teh office across from mine was eating a baked potato and I COULD SMELL IT and it smelled better to me than fresh baked muffins.

And I WANTED it!  Oh, Lord did I want it BUT I had ate my lunch. I had had my prescribed amount of food.

But it didnt stop me from day dreaming about ways to lure him out of his office so I could steal his baked potato!!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/11/15 11:45 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

It's an emotional journey - the head games were the toughest for me.  Also hormonal dumping after the surgery and rapid weight loss can make us feel all over the place.  Try to stay positive and focus on what you need to do.  Keep coming back for support!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views