What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/15 6:56 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

S'more latte?! Where does one acquire such a thing?!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 5/11/15 8:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It's just the torani sugar free syrup. It is tasty though.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/15 8:24 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ohhhh! Smart! 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Capogirl
on 5/11/15 7:34 am

Good morning all:

Going to be another hot one here today, I don't mind so much during the day, but it was so uncomfortable sleeping last night, this house retains heat and no central air (bummer).  

I had a lovely mothers day, nice and relaxing, I didn't want to go out, too little time since surgery so we stayed home, the girls bought me beautiful flowers and two new tervis cups which will come in handy going back to work, one for my shake and one to keep at my desk for my water. 

My daughter and her fiance recently purchased their first home and are fixing it up; he had to work yesterday so hubby helped with painting the kitchen and I went over to see the progress.  They've done so much but still have more to do, the place was filthy and the walls were covered with smoke, carpets filled with dog hair, so they have had to scrub, paint, replace carpet, toilets, flooring, etc.   Hopefully they can finish up soon and move in. 

I experimented with turkey meatballs and chicken sausage this weekend, both went down and stayed down, but I can only eat a very small amount; only half a sausage and 1 meatball and I made the meatballs really small. 

Three weeks out and down 17 pounds, oh better update my ticker.

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Either L&F Yogurt or Deli ham w/ Laughing Cow Light

D:  Turkey Meatball w/SF marinara sauce and 1 tsp. Ricotta

S:  SF Popsicle or SF Pudding

christinerocks
on 5/11/15 7:39 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Good morning! 

I hope all you mothers had a fabulous day.  I don't have kids (other than my fur baby, my dog Ace), so it was a quiet day for me, but still lovely!

I was struggling quite a bit with water last week and was feeling "hunger" and snacking too frequently.  All healthy foods, but still outside my plan.  I think these two things are related - I read that dehydration gives a hunger type feeling. And grazing frequently is NOT a habit I can afford to revisit!  So I'm making an extra effort to get the water in and stick to my food plan this week.  I don't want to fall into any bad habits... I'm petrified of that, in fact!  So I am being super cautious.

I did get up and get a workout in first thing this morning, go me!

anyway here's the plan for Monday.

time since surgery:  5 weeks 

B - premier chocolate shake

S - decaf coffee, milk 

L - cheesesteak stuffed pepper (eggface recipe, still eating leftovers!)

S - reduced fat cheddar cheese stick (3/4 oz)

D - 2oz rotisserie chicken, mushroom sauce (eggface recipe... I'm a little obsessed with her recipes!)

E - 20 mins beginner Zumba (whoot!)

W/V - underway (16 oz already)

totals:  65g protein, 19 carbs, 22 fat, 515 calories

The beginner Zumba is totally kicking my butt.  I am just so thrilled I can do it at all.  Can't wait to get thorough an entire workout, because then I will go to a class.  That's on my NSV list of things to do, and I'm on my way! 

Ok ladies, have a great day.  

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

NYMom222
on 5/11/15 8:14 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Had a nice relaxing Mother's Day and was excited to be with my son on Mother's Day...that hasn't happened in a few years.  We went to church and we made Korean Bulgogi Beef in the Crockpot for Dinner, which was delicious. Low key day as the weather wasn't great. Did a fun, spontaneous Zumba dance Party with my daughter in Law (she is a certified Zumba instructor) and my 2 year old grandson trying to shake his booty with us...LOL. I finally went to a Ross store with my daughter-in-law... reminds me of Marshalls. Got an awesome pair of white linen Bandolino pants and an ivory lace top. I got the pants slightly small...but was also able to try them on in the size than fit perfectly, so I know they will work. Decided this will be my outfit to take pictures in for my one year surgiversay/Birthday. (had surgery 2 days before my birthday). Trying to go no starchy carb today... I always eat more carbs when I am with my son and family, but they eat healthy and I always lose when I am with them... but Saturday I ate Tiramisu...that I didn't even like but ate it anyway, and last night over the course of the night was slipping in about 5 Thin Mints that were in the freezer... slippery slope.

B: Vanilla protein mixed in milk.

B2: out - get an omlette

L: cukes and tomato salad, laughing cow on celery

S: Cottage cheese

D: Meatballs and sauce on bed of Spinach

S: Watermelon

E: 45 minutes dance Party

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 5/11/15 9:52 am - Brighton, IL

Had a good Mothers Day too. Went to my MILs house and made lunch: rotisserie chicken from Walmart,baked roasted potatoes and some baked sweet potato for me. Both my boys were there too which was great as I hadn't seen the oldest in about a month. He lives a couple of hours away in Springfield and works lots of hours so we don't get to see him often. He and his girlfriend came down for the day. It was raining here earlier but has stopped so after lunch Lily and I will do 3 miles at the park. Post op 33 months and weight at 120.6 today. Also will do 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike as well. On track with fluids and vitamins. Here's the food: 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 3/4 c ham and beans and 1/2 a corn muffin D 31/2 oz roasted chicken and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt. Have a great day everyone!

JAMStribe
on 5/11/15 11:50 am

Hello from Monsoon NC ( well it was this weekend anyway)

I had a great Mother's day. My Husband went online and picked several recipes for a healthy

brunch. All home cooked. He lost his Mother this past January so I stayed close by and helped a little cause

he seemed a little out of sorts.  All of the the holidays will be hard for a while I am thinking. 

I weighed today and am down 2.6.  I have lost 103.6 as of today and 15 lbs to go,  I think

Surgery RNY 063014:

B: Fresh fruit and COFFEE

S: Click Caramel Shake  ( mocha is Much better)

L: 1/2 turkey/pepperjack wrap with lettuce and tomato and 1/2 bag of ruffles ( I am PMSing, I need salt!)

S: Tropical coconut greek yogurt with 1/3 cup Go Lean Toasted Berry Crunch

D: Leftover Shrimp and Grits and turkey bacon. 

My dessert last night was a parfait, I want to share with you.

I don't have measurements really.  small amount of SF Apricot Preserves, in the microwve x 15 seconds

mix with 4 cups of fresh sliced strawberries.  (coat them really)

Layer Vanilla greek yogurt, berries and Oat and Honey Protein Granola.   It was su Yummy and maybe not

100% guilt free I really appreciated him taking the time to make something I could enjoy.

Eggs are on the list of foods I hate right now.. not worth the drama. 

Hope everyone has a great week

Christine   

Tombocom
on 5/11/15 4:28 pm
RNY on 04/28/15

13 days post-op and got a phone call from my Doctor.  what a great guy!

Anyway, my day 13 intake:

B:  Health Wise hot chocolate

S: Jif Lite peanut butter

L:  1/2 cup mashed potatoes

S:  English Breakfast tea, with Splenda and non-fat creamer

D: My lovely spouse made some chicken soup; I had about 2/3 cup of the broth

Evening:  I'm sucking down a Cookies and Cream protein shake as we speak

Exercise:  2.03 miles on a treadmill at the gym.

Rough protein intake: 47 -55 rams

you know, eating is now almost a chore.  I'm sure once I'm released to return to work, it might become easier.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.