What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 5/11/15 6:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Can't wait to see what you make!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 5/11/15 7:00 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have been adding sweaters to my "queue" to make after I lose more weight!  I am thinking of taking black/dark grey yarn and striping it with the bright colors for a pullover or cardigan! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/15 6:53 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Nice! Do you have any projects in mind for your new haul or just adding to the stash?!

Sorry you're having issues with the meats, that's definitely common, as I'm sure you know. If you're eating slowly and chewing well you're definitely right to just back off for a bit and try again in a few days. Early on I would try something one week, maybe it didn't sit well, but just a few days later it would be fine. Everything changes so quickly in the beginning!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

melissasue1982
on 5/11/15 7:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am planning on making myself a sweater, when I lose more weight.  I really DONT want to buy the yarn it would take to make myself a sweater now, then have it be too big anyway.  BUT I am thinking of getting some black/dark grey yarn and making a stripy pullover/cardigan with the bright colors and the dark!! 

And yes, the meat hasn't been "dry" persay, just not covered in mayo or gravy or anything like that....hhhmmm

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/15 6:54 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh! Also, is the meat something moist? Like chicken salad? Or something with gravy/sauce? Even now sometimes plain chicken gets to me because it's too dry.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

christinerocks
on 5/11/15 7:48 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

That Reuben casserole sounds amazing, and simple too.  I am totally going to try it, and make my husband a very happy man! :-)

I haven't had any issues with meat -- YET -- but my nut suggested putting healthy moist stuff on it, like a little marinara sauce, or another condiment (mustard, or similar). Eggface has a recipe for Meatballs Two Ways, and I am going to use the mushroom sauce over some already cooked chicken.  I can't have cabbage yet so I will have just the sauce, and my hubby will probably opt for the cabbage! Anyway, I'm not sure this is in your plan or if it sounds good to you but this sort of a gravy may help keep the meat moist.  

Good luck! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

melissasue1982
on 5/11/15 7:53 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Yeah all of the meat has been really moist, just haven't been adding anything extra to it.  If that makes sense.

Today everything I have had (water and protein drink) has felt like it is coming back up.  Like not going down all the way.  What the heck...ugh  Annoying!!

Ocalasam
on 5/11/15 8:35 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I am 29 months out and still have trouble with meat.  I think I always will.  I can eat chicken salad and seafood salad.  I've learned that pretty much any other kind of meat, I have to take very small bites, chew very well and listen to my body and not take that "one extra bite" that will make me feel horrible.  It's kind of annoying, because carbs go down just fine!!!  It's just something I have learned to live with.  It doesn't take much meat for me to feel full for a pretty long time.

Dcgirl
on 5/11/15 6:16 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all!  It sounds like everyone had a fun Mother's Day!  My mom lives in Charlotte so I called her, and my Grammy, and both were thrilled to hear from me...I also got my mom a FitBit and she seems excited about it.

I got a ton of steps in this weekend - I am still healing from my weight lifting class on Thursday.  Apparently my "muscle memory" is non-existent because after just six weeks being banned from exercising after my LBL/BL, this class kicked my butt!  I can hardly sit down, my legs and butt are so sore! 

My weight is up, and I thoroughly blame alcohol.  Well I blame myself for enjoying my weekend and the nice weather with champagne and wine.  So I am going alcohol free this week, and planning daily.

B: Coffee with half and half, light and fit greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of high protein granola

L: 2 jalapeño chicken sausage from Trader Joe's, sweet baby bell peppers, port salut cheese

S: Boursin cheese with Trader Joe's reduced fat pita chips 

D: TBD, but I have 500 calories leftover for dinner - a friend is coming in from NYC

E: My friend and I are doing a strength training class in the park that this trainer I know leads on Monday nights.  Apparently it's less hardcore than the gym classes, and considering I can barely move, this sounds right up my alley

Have a great day, everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Days!  Em

Emiepie
on 5/10/15 11:40 pm, edited 5/10/15 11:40 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Hope all had a great weekend. My Mother's Day was nice, got a beautiful locket necklace from my sister and a certificate for an 80 minute massage (it will be a first ever!) from my hubby and mother in law. Went for a nice walk in the morning which was perfect! Sounds like you were treated well AV.

Time since surgery: 9 months TODAY! Hoping for a good follow up appt tomorrow.

B: SF Soy S'mores latte, egg beater scramble, fruit (peach and apple) and 1/4 flat out with PB2

S: Forgot my thin addictives today!! Fiber one coconut almond bar

L: P3 Ham pack and string cheese 

S: L&F Greek Strawberry yogurt and a 1/4 flat out with PB2

D: 1/2 flat out pizza and froyo. I have a Stella Dora breakfast treat accounted for but may not eat (long story-I found out yesterday that the wonderful lady that was my neighbor almost all of childhood (was the closest person I had to a Grandma) passed away at the age of 98 on April 25th. Well anyhow, the stella dora cookies were something she always had and shared with us so I bought a pack yesterday and had one with my daughter and hubby in her honor last night)

E: 1/2 stationary stepper and my first hula hoop dance class tonight!

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1042 Protein: 74 Carbs: 105 Fat: 43

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.