IS THER ANYONE OUT THERE WHO LOSES SLOW

Dartmouth
on 5/15/15 7:13 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

Hi

i am also a very slow looser and yes, it is very frustrating.

I may be way off.....but I wonder if you are eating too few calories.  By 9 months I was eating between 800-950 calories a day .  At 4 months, I had stopped loosing at 500 cals and my surgeon was shocked I was eating so little.  He told me to up it immediately to 1200 which I just couldn't do so slowly brought it up to 850-900.  

At one year out,  I am 30 lbs below my surgeons goal, have a normal BMI and feel well and healthy.  I still eat 950-1000 and need to stop loosing and am trying to increase my intake.  I am not a natural athlete and usually either walk a few miles a day, swim or go to the gym to bike or treadmill for a half an hour.  

I think you should speak with your NUT about your low calorie intake and slow loss....good luck, don't be disheartened....be proactive!

joan

MariMoms
on 5/16/15 6:02 pm

Thank you for your respond I found it very helpful

Amyann45
on 5/17/15 2:48 pm - Daleville, IN

I would like to give you some positive feedback from my own experience! I had my surgery in 7-2005, I lost very slowly also. My weight before surgery was 348, I continued to lose weight up until 1.5 years ago, where I weighed 156, I am 5'6" now I do know that I weighed 195 after just 3 years. I had wanted to get plastic surgery to remove my extra skin, hoping that would get the rest of the weight off.  To my dismay the plastic surgeon wanted me to lose more before he would attempt it. So for reasons unknown to me, I was not intentionally trying, I lost down to the 156. Then my other Doctors thought I was too thin. So I say this, whatever weight you feel comfortable at is what is best. Since I have gained back to the 190 & my body is in a lot of pain daily. I felt so much better at that lower weight, my knees & my fibro were not bothering me like they are now! I recently went back to my Bari. Surgeon where she checked my pouch & was amazed at its size & condition after 10 years she also repaired a Hernia in my Esophagus but other than that very pleased. I suggest excercising more if you do want to lose faster, I eat cucumbers with salt & vinagrette, & protein, protein! Meat is still a problem for me, which is fine with me, so get creative with the protein! I hope this helps! Oh & Doctor wasn't that concerned with my weight, she was just impressed that 10 years out & 160 still lost was a wonderful outcome! So I say the slower the better the longer you will keep it off!  Good Luck & don't be so hard on yourself! Amy

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 234 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.