IS THER ANYONE OUT THERE WHO LOSES SLOW

MariMoms
on 5/14/15 5:55 am

ok so I'm almost 9 months out and I haven't even lost 100lbs yet it like one one I drop a lot and the next I won't lose a thing, I've been stuck at the same weight for almost 2mo now. I am SOOO FRUSTRATED. I try to think positive but than I start to let all the negative in and get all sad, makes me feel like how I use to b4 surgery when I would diet and get no results. AHH I could just scream right now😖

Laura in Texas
on 5/14/15 6:15 am

Are you tracking your food? Weighing/measuring your portions?

I was also over 300 pounds when I had my RNY and got to goal in 14 months. You can do this, but it does require work. Take responsibility for your eating and you will lose the weight. Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Nurseihs
on 5/14/15 6:57 am - Latrobe, PA

I also am a slow looser. It seems I only loose a few pounds each month and only during one week then nothing until the next month. I loose nothing 3 weeks each month. I use my fitness pal and get all my protein and fluids in plus I do Jazzercise everyday. I am 13 weeks out and only lost 25 pounds. I can't figure it out either. I keep my carbs low and never eat pasta, breads, potatoes or rice. I wish I knew the answer.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/14/15 7:06 am

HI!

First-I am not "blaming you." I absolutely hate the blame the patient game.

Are you tracking calories in addition to protein and fluids.  There are several people here that track their calories in addition to their protein and fluids and have noted that if they eat over a particular calorie amount, they will not lose.

I didnt track my calories (my plan gave me food volumes) but I did go a bit intense with exercise.  Maybe now is the time to do weights in addition to jazzercise. Perhaps you could walk on the treadmill after Jazzercise?  

What I am saying, is that your body may have gotten conditioned/habituated to Jazzercise and to see the outcome you want (i.e. weight loss) you are going to have to shake it up a bit.

For awhile, I did ellipitcal. I loved the elliptical but over time I stopped seeing improvement. I went to running on the dreadmill. I saw improvements within a month.  

Every so often, I go back to ellipitcal and the next day I feel it in my calves and I KNOW that they improved/arent habituated anymore.

Good luck

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Nurseihs
on 5/14/15 11:17 pm - Latrobe, PA

Thank you for your reply. I work night shift and was in bed so I didn't realize you had replied. My calories are usually 500 per day and once in awhile 600 but never more. Jazzercise is an hour long class that has weights in it as well. Usually they are combined together but sometimes the class is 1/2 of weights and 1/2 Jazzercise. Each day Jazzercise does a different routine depending on the day. I usually go 7 days a week. I thought my slow loss was due to my age 54, that I work midnight shift and that I only had 120 pounds to loose to start with. It maybe that my calories are too low but honestly I am never hungry and I get full very fast. It does get frustrating.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/15/15 4:08 am

Please dont be too down in the dumps!  Stalls/slow downs happen.

My first thought is: all the little old ladies in WW went to Jazzercise. It is very likely you have advanced out of this class.  Is there modifications you can do to make it HARDER.  For example, in step, I can set the step to medium or high OR keep my hands raised to shoulder level of higher more. When jumping on or across the step, I can "pop it" up higher.  This increases the impact but it also increases the calorie burn. Keeping your arms/hands held high obviously wouldn't increase the impact but WOULD increase the calorie burn.

Next, can you increase those weights?  IN some classes you can and in others you cant. In cardiokick box or Piloxing, there are weighted gloves for a bigger burn BUT we are punching so fast they dont want you to do more than 0.5 lbs on each hand because it would hurt our elbows.

Could you buy those hand weights that wrap around your hands and wear them to jazzercise for the dance portion. Take them off and use higher weights for the weighted portion?  

These are just ideas...not necessarily "good ideas"

Next, try zumba (also a dance class) or Les Mills Body Jam (more a rap based dance). When I was 180 to 210 lbs I did zumba. It was harder than hell. The music selection was "Meh" but I burned 410 calories per hour as determined by my personal heart rate monitor.

Also are you eating back those calories?  Dont.  Especially if you dont have a HRM. I found what Weigh****chers and other websites gave for calories burned was radically different than what my HRM said. Usually for weight lifting, I burn dramatically less than what a website says. When I run (ok..jog) I burn dramatically more due to the terraine I run on (rough trails with rolling hills).

Try the hand and ankle weights and higher modification for Jazzercise (with a low carb diet if you arent diabetic) for two weeks. Let me know how it goes!  I am very interested!

If you dont see anything, I will be meeting with my personal trainer soon and I can ask him what he would do (he does body building competitions).  Please keep a diet log over the next two weeks and I can show it to him.  **** that what I pay for ...so he had better work!

;)

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Nurseihs
on 5/15/15 5:13 am - Latrobe, PA

Thank you for your reply. There are a few older ladies in my class but most are much younger then myself. This Jazzercise class is a fairly fast pace and sometime I can't keep up. However, I am going after working all night. I will up my weights by a few pounds. Soon when my pool is ready I will start to swim as well as the Jazzercise. I was/am diabetic but on no meds  since my surgery. I track all I eat and I have a fit bit I wear every day everywhere I go and I don't eat my burned calories. I also went to weigh****chers and there my weight loss was very slow too. Perhaps from so much dieting over the years my body is very confused and my metabolosm is slow. Thank you for your help. Terry

Grim_Traveller
on 5/14/15 7:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

If you haven't lost anything in two months, you are eating too much. You are in maintenance. If you want to lose, or lose faster, you just have to cut back more.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

WereYorkie
on 5/17/15 3:04 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

"My calories are usually 500 per day and once in awhile 600 but never more. Jazzercise is an hour long class that has weights in it as well. Usually they are combined together but sometimes the class is 1/2 of weights and 1/2 Jazzercise. Each day Jazzercise does a different routine depending on the day. I usually go 7 days a week. I thought my slow loss was due to my age 54"

How in the world can she cut back from that????? 

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

Grim_Traveller
on 5/17/15 3:45 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Your quote was not from the original poster, but from someone else who is still losing. The original poster is the one who hadn't lost in two months, and never bothered checking back in. 

If someone said they had lost zero weight in two months of eating 500 to 600 calories a day, I would say they were eating a lot more than they think. http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weig ht

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views