DressLily-another way to get some clothes

SkinnyScientist
on 5/13/15 11:52 pm

Hi Gang,

I previously wrote a post asking if anyone had tried DressLily. It received a few comments.

One of the things that we may struggle with when rapidly going down in size is our wardrobe. Some people get clothes from friends, some go to goodwill, some ebay, some craigslist....

I have found DressLily to be an "ok" mechanism in which to get inexpensive clothes.  The quality can be hit or miss though.  I noted that the fabrics are on the "thin" side and this can be problematic with white/light colors. They can come out rather sheer. Indeed for these lighter garments I needed to purchase slips and camisoles to stop the peep show.

Indeed, I think the thickness and durablability of these fabrics are equivalent to OldNavy about 10 years ago... Basically meant to last a season and nothing more.

Alternatively, I got two dresses (which are also white) in which the fabric was thick, which are real show stoppers.  4 people commented on how cute one was on Monday.

Also, I work out and my biceps/triceps are running "big" for my size. On shirts that are one size only, the arms of these shirts appear to be for the asian ectomorphic type (i.e. lanky ballerinas). Thus the shirt was too tight in the arms!

So, if one is willing to put up with a few inexpensive "duds" to get a few amazing items at a steal, DressLily may be a vendor you want to consider.

But use Paypal for payment though. I read reviews and some people have gotten requests from them for passport photos, drivers liscense...etc.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views