weigh gain

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/11/15 3:19 pm

when I eat dense proteins - I get very small pouch. i.e. at 7 years postop - I only could only eat 7 wings.. that was my dinner.  but.. today I ate 2 cups of stew, and i was still hungry.. same with carbs.. I can eat and eat and eat... 

pork loin,. steak, even omelet - my restriction is all there.... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 5/11/15 3:20 pm

According to your profile page, you had surgery in 2011. It is common to be able to eat more as time goes by which is why we must stay on top of things. I am 6.5 years out. A lot of people who had surgery the same time as me have regained weight. You should track every bite somewhere like myfitnesspal. Weigh/measure your portions. Take control before you gain it all back. Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kathyjs
on 5/13/15 5:30 am

There is no fix. What you can do is measure your food, track your food. You can do this. Make yourself a first priority. Take the time to track your food , take a look at what you are eating. Good luck

siberiancat
on 5/13/15 6:29 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

In addition to tracking what you are eating and staying within the guidelines of protein first, then veggies, fruit, etc.  I would take the emphasis off "feeling" full.  If you have eaten your 4 ounces of protein and 4 ounces of veggie (or whatever).  STOP.  You have finished your meal.  Don't drink any fluid for at least 30 minutes and certainly no drinking with your meal.

We just can't rely on "feelings" of fullness - with the exception of "feeling" nauseated and can't take one more bite - even though you haven't finished your 8 ounce meal - in that case stop and save or throw away what you didn't eat.

If you are eating carbs (white flour, white sugar,  bread, crackers, cake, cookies, white rice) etc. - you won't get the "full" feeling until you have consumed way too many calories and very little nutrition.  That's why we eat protein first - then veggies - then fruit - so we don't have room for the empty carbs with little nutrition.

You may want to schedule a visit with your dietitian to help you.

Best wishes, 

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

bigthomp
on 5/13/15 6:47 am

Thanks for the feedback ☺ 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 505 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 401 views