Look back: 5 months post op to 17 months post op

Karen M.
on 5/12/15 7:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm not at all surprised you get the definition wrong.

Already a fabulous day here too, thanks!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Scarlette B.
on 5/12/15 10:18 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

That was sarcasm Karen...   There is more to life than arguing on an obesity website about who is right or wrong.  This all comes across very silly to grown ups.

I really do hope you have a great day and that is not sarcasm.

Sincerely, Scarlette

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Karen M.
on 5/12/15 10:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

Dear Scarlette,

I am well aware that it was sarcasm, but thank you once again for clarifying where it wasn't necessary.

Have yourself a fabulous day as well.

Warmest regards,

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Gina 22 years out
on 5/11/15 7:43 pm - Burleson, TX

CHRISTINE--no need to "white knuckle"..that sounds like something "negative"...You have been showing such a fabulous, POSITIVE attitude and spirit, and that's what I want you to CONTINUE doing (shaking my Mama finger here...with love, of course .)..I sincerely believe YOU are going to be a true "success story"

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

christinerocks
on 5/12/15 4:26 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

From your lips to God ears! 

Im learning a lot here and don't know where I would be were it not for this forum.  Invaluable. 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

SkinnyScientist
on 5/12/15 6:07 am

I believe so too!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

christinerocks
on 5/12/15 7:20 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Awwww thanks so much!  

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Scarlette B.
on 5/12/15 5:49 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

This s was a fantastic post and I loved it!!

SkinnyScientist
on 5/12/15 6:07 am

Thanks Scarlette and others!  :)

I have been weighing the idea of blogging as suggested by KIM (or Karen) M.

On one hand, I can see why should think it is "bloggy."  But on the other hand, I think by putting the NSVs and happy things only in blogs, they will get "lost in the board" .

I think it is good that pre-op and post-op patients come here and can post questions or concerns and get answers.

However, one thing that gets "lost" amongst the lists of surgery complications, statistics, and directions on how to eat and drink are these priceless "little things."  As a pre-op patient that went through the process THREE TIMES before I did the surgery, I would make up "pro" and "con" lists.  Under the "pro" list was: 1) weight loss and 2) healthier/better labs.

What was not on those lists were: a) What does weight loss MEAN/BRING with it?  What does better labs/being healthier MEAN/Bring with it?

If I would have known all the "little" good things that come with weight loss (and the surgery), my "pro" column would have been a lot longer.

Maybe I would have had the surgery 8 years earlier. Or maybe I still would have chickened out.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Scarlette B.
on 5/12/15 6:37 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

Put it wherever you wish sweet lady... I read th blogs but they do not seem to get many comments like the forum proper does.  This is the type of stuff I looked for when I was in my decision making process so I really appreciate you taking the time for those others out there struggling to commit.  Xoxoxoxoxo

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views