hard copy food journal

Red37
on 5/7/15 5:28 pm
RNY on 05/28/15

I am three weeks away from surgery and preparing as much as possible. I have tried all kinds of food journals in the past (online, apps, etc). However, I would really like to have one to write on the old fashioned way-one that is set up to be able to record the specific needs especially during the first few weeks. Does anyone know of one (or even a template) out there that is good for our specific needs?

:)

selhard
on 5/7/15 5:59 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I use a 4 x 6 spiral-bound hard copy from the Center for Weight Management I had WLS.  This little, blue book is entitled Celebrate Success.  Each page has a place for date, exercise, relaxation, supplements, water, food intake and protein gram totals. At the bottom there is room to add my own idea which is what I am thankful for that day.  I have seen it for sale at their gift shop for around $5.00.  Here is contact information:  St. Joseph's Area Health Services Center for Weight Management, 600 Pleasant Ave, Park Rapids, MN 56470  Phone 218.237.5705 to speak to the bariatric coordinator or her email [email protected] or a general phone 1.800.566.3311 to be connected to the gift shop.   

jackieboy331
on 5/7/15 6:02 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Every surgical team is different follow your surgeons protocol.Good luck.

khunton
on 5/7/15 6:11 pm

My dietician gave me monthly templates.it helped me for a while but now that I'm more active I find an app more helpful for me. Anyways back to my point lol, ask you nutritionist/dietician what they have. 

Red37
on 5/8/15 4:16 am
RNY on 05/28/15

Thank you! I will ask!

Ocalasam
on 5/8/15 5:13 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Weigh****chers sells a really good one.  You can go into any WW location and buy one or probably buy one online.

LadyBaltimore
on 5/8/15 11:47 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Hi there-  I haven't had surgery yet, but am about a month away from it. I'm planning on getting the Dietminder personal food/fitness journal from Amazon.  It has areas for daily meals, including snacks, and you write in calories, protein, fiber, etc.  It also has a spot to track your multivitamins, water intake, exercise, and a little spot for notes.  I like the fact it's going to be something I can carry with me all the time.  Here's a link so you can see it.

Good luck,

LB

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 232 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?