WOOT WOOT FINALLY MOVING FORWARD

kikilay
on 5/5/15 9:24 am

I am so freaking excited I finally got the pre auth approved to have my consultation with my surgeon. You read that right I had to get pre auth just to get the consultation.

My insurance company Meritus covers my surgery. However, they have no in network bariatric surgeons. How that happens I have no clue. So just to get my consultation I had to get a referral and pre auth. I was ready to just start putting money together to go to Mexico which I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO DO.

I have been trying to get auth to get the ball rolling since March.  My doctors office told me that they would deny it and they had never had anyone get approved to get the consult. I told the insurance lady I would be the first because I am a fighter. I called today and was told they approved. I called my doctor to make sure they had record of the approval as well and the lady was like "I was just going to call you mija you won I can not believe it".

I know I am going to have to get auth approved again to actually have surgery but at least now I can get the ball rolling.  My consult is scheduled for next Wednesday and I am so excited!!

dJean
on 5/5/15 9:35 am
RNY on 05/07/15

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful! Please don't go to Mexico! That is a long way from home if something goes wrong! And from what I understand, most bariatric surgeons don't like to follow other doctors patients...so it could be difficult to find someone back home for followup support.

I wish you the best of luck getting your surgery approved. Document, document, document and call, call, call...My sister works in the insurance field and she was the first to tell me to stay on them. The squeeky wheel gets the grease!

dJean
on 5/5/15 9:36 am
RNY on 05/07/15
kikilay
on 5/5/15 9:58 am

I completely agree with you and I SO DO NOT WANT TO. My husband is totally okay with me having surgery not okay when I said I was going to go to Mexico. I am not going to go the Mexico route I am going to make sure my insurance does what it is supposed to. Not having follow up support at home scares me. 

That is totally what I started doing keeping a word document of every calls date, time, who i spoke with, and what was said.  I worked in auto insurance as an adjuster.  Health insurance is such a different game in terms of shady practices in my opinion. I hate feeling like my insurance company is the enemy and were at war.

mornings
on 5/5/15 1:24 pm - Canada

congrats its the right step forward im sure in no time we will be seeing your surgery date

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 419 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 231 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 121 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.