Started class at Y tonight - did not go well :(

cherg24
on 5/4/15 11:31 am - Ontario, Canada

All I hear is you did it!!!! It doesn't later that it wasn't pretty oraynd you weren't in time wuth everyone else but you kept putting your foot forward and got thru it!   I bet next class will be much easier and you CAN do it

shery11ynn
on 5/4/15 12:19 pm

If you can get into a water aerobics class, I would highly recommend that! I found that the Y often has these during the day when I'm working, but if you can take one or two on your days off you can remember the moves, then do them on your own during free swim or water walking time.

Just do it, whatever you do! It'll get better with practice!

billmacc7
on 5/4/15 12:27 pm - MA

Alot of good advice...my thoughts:

1. Congrats for STARTING and trying...it is never easy to face your fear and do something new!

2.  If the class was too challenging see if you can switch to something else...I belong to the Y in Taunton, MA and there are lots of classes or many levels.

3.  Exercise does not HAVE to mean going to the gym..walking, biking, dancing, yard work it all counts so Do Your Best!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Pianolover
on 5/4/15 12:33 pm

I joined a gym a few months ago and tried out a step/zumba class and did not like it...they went way too fast with complicated moves that some kids like me just weren't catching on to! I love going to cycling classes, do you have access to those? They are my favorite....pretty much the only thing I actually do at the gym. There is a teacher to guide you, but ultimately the intensity of the workout is up to you and your fitness level based on how fast you want to go and how much resistance you put on the bike. Hope you find an exercise that you like!

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

NYMom222
on 5/4/15 1:32 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Be Proud! You went... don't worry about keeping up..Do the best you can...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mute
on 5/4/15 1:44 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I'll look through the other classes and see what I might be able to do. I can use the machines but I wanted a class. 

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

mute
on 5/4/15 1:55 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

The other classes I would consider like the water ones are only during the day and I don't have days off. Spinning classes are during the day too apparently. Starting to feel like I'm not going to get much from my y membership. 

Melinda

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/4/15 2:04 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I started at 344 lbs and had a miserable experience similar to yours at the Y in my first few months.  I almost didn't go back

i found the best luck at first joining senior classes and I'm definitely NOT  a senior.  The water aerobics and water Zumba were the best -- and the varying levels of ability and fitness matched my ability being smo.  It was sad when I passed them all up and was ready to move to more challenging classes -- because they'd all become my friends and watched as I blossomed into a healthier person.

on another note, I also live in Ohio.  I used to hate the heat -- that's changed, too!  What part are you from?  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

mute
on 5/4/15 2:15 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I live in central Ohio - Sidney to be exact. 

Melinda

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/4/15 2:23 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I'm in northeastern Ohio. Near Youngstown. :-)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views