So McDonald's CEO will talk tomorrow...

Han Shot First
on 5/4/15 1:50 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I agree with having good quality grilled chicken.  I tried their old stuff, and it was nasty.  I'm sure I'll try their new one at some point,  but I don't have high hopes.

If they added chili, I'd be all about it.  But if they made it like Wendy's, using their old burgers, I'd pass.  Unless they upgraded the quality of their beef also.  

But they're still pulling in over $6 Billion a quarter, so I think they'll be okay even if they make no major changes.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

stevie95678
on 5/4/15 2:25 am

I live in Sacramento, CA and while out and about this weekend, I needed dinner and didn't want to cook - so I stopped by McD's and bought their new Artisan Grilled Chicken sandwich, no mayo, no vinaigrette.  Came home and disassembled the sandwich, ate the chicken breast with the warm tomato. YUM!  I would absolutely order that again.

cabin111
on 5/4/15 3:35 am

A few cool things about Sacramento...they now have a Chik-Fil-A in Elk Grove...Wi**** would get down here to Turlock.  They also have a IKEA there...Interesting foods and some great rye crackers.  They also have some great bike paths...Including being close to UC Davis for biking...Brian

cabin111
on 5/4/15 3:58 am

Can someone tell me about FIVE GUYS food??  Never eaten there...But it must be good if it's growing so fast...

Maria27
on 5/4/15 5:41 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Five Guys is only a good option if you are already set on having a cheeseburger because they offer the burger without the bun. They will either wrap the burger in lettuce or put it in a bowl. They also offer a large variety of free toppings, so you can get the burger bowl and add all the veggie toppings (bell peppers, onion, tomato, mushrooms, jalapenos, lettuce, and pickles). But I stay away from the fries; they are fried in peanut oil. Hamburger meat is a low quality, high fat source of protein, so I would not suggest eating it regularly. But if you really want a cheeseburger, it's a good option.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

karenp8
on 5/4/15 6:42 am - Brighton, IL

I LOVE Five Guys small burger. I get it with all the fixings in a bowl or they will wrap it in lettuce for you. It is always delicious and nice and moist.

stevie95678
on 5/4/15 9:16 am

Five Guys (there's one in Granite Bay/Roseville area) is phenomenal.  The burgers are made fresh with your choice of toppings, sauces, and cheese but (in my humble opinion) are kinda greasy.  Pre WLS, I dumped after having a regular burger and fries for lunch. They offer burgers, grilled cheese, hot dogs, veggie sandwich and french fries that are akin to crack!  They also have bunless burgers in single or double patties: hamburger, cheeseburger, bacon burger and bacon cheeseburger: (220-660 cals, 16-44 gms protein, sodium 50-980 gms, respectively). I think the regular bunless burger would be fairly okay - 220 cals, 16 gms protein, 50 gms sodium, 0 carbs. I think it's still a little too much for my new pouch.

pamela258
on 5/4/15 4:07 am
with
Five Guys is a heart attack wrapped in paper. Fries are greassssssyyyyy! Burgers are huge. Not a good option.

RNY - 8/12/2013

karenp8
on 5/4/15 6:43 am - Brighton, IL

No one makes you buy the fries or eat all the burger either! I eat 4 oz of the meat and some tomato and lettuce.

karenp8
on 5/4/15 6:46 am - Brighton, IL

I can find something to eat anywhere my family goes. I don't have to inhale all my food anymore and can make the best choice available at bthe time. I love my RNY!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.