What are you eating today/Photo friday

meganmcg
on 4/30/15 11:35 pm

Good morning all,

Love the pictures! I have a question today.. What are some easy lunches you guys prepare? I've been eating deli ham rolled up with cheese because it's convenient, but I'd like to eat something less processed (less sodium/nitrates).. I was thinking about baking chicken or something but I hate cooking chicken. Then I was thinking about getting a rotisserie chicken for the week. Do you think the chicken would last for 5 days of lunches? Are rotisserie chickens full of sodium and nitrates too? 

Breakfast: coffee with SF vanilla creamer; coconut mocha protein shake

Snack: L&F strawberry cheesecake w/ 1tbsp chia seeds and 1tbsp fiber one original cereal; almonds; cashews

Lunch: deli ham rolled with cheese; light string cheese

Dinner: egg scrambled with slice of cheese; 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Snack: quest bar probably 

exercise: 7 mile run; 20 minutes ARC trainer; 30 hour weight training

AnnyBananny
on 5/1/15 12:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ok, so I don't know the answer to if rotisserie chickens have a lot of sodium/nitrates, do I will tell you I love them! I buy one for the week, bring it home and take the skin off and pull it apart and put 3-4oz portions into little containers and usually 6 of them. I typically put a tablespoon of LF mayo in and eat it as chicken salad with 34 Degrees crackers or something like that. Sometimes I'll throw in some nuts or curry to make the chicken salad a little more exciting. Sometimes I'm super lazy and just eat the plain old chicken...

Other lunch options I like: cottage cheese (lately I'm obsessed with the Breakstones Cottage Cheese Doubles), egg salad (I buy already hard boiled eggs, which I used to think was a waste of money but then I looked at the price and it was the same as buying a dozen eggs so then I just felt smart LOL) again made with LF mayo and often eaten with the 34 Degrees crackers, straight hard boiled eggs (a little salt), and "leftovers" which aren't really left overs because I cook stuff with the express purpose of freezing it and taking it for lunch. 

You might have seen me post this before - but I have a silicone muffin pan that is my best friend. I make whatever, then put individual portions into the muffin pan, freeze the whole thing, then pop the little hockey pucks and put them in a freezer bag. I throw one into my lunch, it's thawed by lunchtime and I just reheat. Some of my favorites to do this with are crockpot turkey sloppy joe and zucchini lasagna. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

meganmcg
on 5/1/15 12:08 am

Thank you so much!! Do you happen to know how to insert a picture into a post from an iphone?

AnnyBananny
on 5/1/15 12:39 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Do you mean posting directly from your iphone? In that case, no  Posting pictures here is super convoluted.... This is what I do:

• Email myself the picture
  • Download it to my computer
  • Open OH in two tabs on my browser
  • In one tab start the post I want to put the picture into
  • In the other tab go to my profile and upload the picture, then click on the actual picture
  • Then I drag the picture from that tab to the other tab where the post is up
  • Then carefully drop it into the post, though sometimes it doesn't drop in so I have to start again
  • You can then resize the image by grabbing a corner.

NYMom222
on 5/1/15 2:27 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I recently discovered this works... send from iphone to private album I created on FB (if I don't want everyone else to see it). Bring up the pic on FB - right click onto "Copy image location" then come here and click the insert image icon (on left above - frame with mountain and sun) and Paste where it says source. Click OK. Sometimes it comes out very large and you need to click the corners of the photo in the post and drag in to make smaller. I don't know if you can do the whole thing from the phone though...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Berryhoosier
on 5/1/15 1:11 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I love the muffin cups idea.  I'm going to try that!

AnnyBananny
on 5/1/15 1:15 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It's SOOOOO easy, Berry, I highly recommend. It's sort of like how people freeze baby food in ice cube trays but the WLS version!

Emiepie
on 5/1/15 12:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I love the P3 protein packs. Super easy to grab and go.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 5/1/15 12:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great pic, love the hair :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 5/1/15 12:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning ladies!  Happy Friday!!

Below is a picture of me and my pups from last weekend when I took them on one of our daily hikes!!  my fur kids!

Busy weekend, working late tonight then going to drop by car off a my mechanic, then up early and going over to my in-laws for brunch then back to the mechanic to pick up my car then home to take the dogs for a hike then hubby and I are going to a Steak house for dinner to celebrate his bday last weekend.  Sunday morning is yard work and cleaning out my car, and then going to hubby's baseball game and then home to hike the dogs.  Will fit in grocery shopping/laundry and house cleaning somewhere in all that!!

Time since surgery - just shy of 18 months!!!

AM wake up: two vanilla hazelnut coffees with 1% milk and Splenda

B: two hard boiled eggs with salt & pepper and Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte

L: Starbucks Protein Bistro Box (hard boiled egg, apples, grapes, small pita with PB)

D: 3.5oz tandoori chicken with hot sauce

S: two herb & garlic laughing cow cheese with 6 Vinta grain crackers & Protein Hot Chocolate

Totals: 1265 calories, 102 protein, 79 carbs, 59 fat

V/W: vits are done, calcium on alarms, tons of water, not a problem

Have a great weekend everyone, the warm weather has finally arrived here so I can't wait to get out the skirts, sandals & capri's!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.