Discouraged and feel that this is impossible - those who lost slow did you lose what you...

NYMom222
on 5/8/15 8:24 am, edited 5/8/15 8:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I went back and looked at my weight loss chart. At 7 weeks out I had lost 26lbs. I am 9 ½ months out now. Stick with it. I lost 25 presurg but that was in 2 months of --- supervised diet including 5 weeks liquid(my date changed)... So I have lost 121 since surgery. It will happen

As you can see from my ticker I have 200+ pounds to lose total. I only count protein and water. Occasionally I have done a week or two on MFP, but it is not for me...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

helionoftroy
on 5/8/15 4:07 pm - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

You and I had surgery the same day. I have lost 26 pounds so far. There are days that I don't lose anything and there are days that I gain. Especially if I weigh myself in the morning and then again that evening. I saw my doctor the other day because of an issue I was having and his scale showed less of a weight loss. At first I was upset then he asked me how my clothes were fitting. I've actually had to pull out clothes I haven't worn in a while and they fit perfectly. Weight can fluctuate from one day to the next, Hell, even from one hour to the next. I'm not gonna tell you not to stress because that's probably futile, what I will tell you is that as long as your sticking to plan you will be successful. It's easier to judge your changing body by how your clothes fit. The scale is a liar, I don't trust it. I have decided to weigh myself every now and then and not worry about the numbers. Peace!!

mute
on 5/8/15 5:15 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Okay I really appreciate you guys looking up what you had lost around my time, that's super helpful. I'm in a FB group for gastric bypass and I think I just need to leave that group. That is where the majority of my perception is coming from. 

But 95% of the help and support that I've gotten that's been positive is from here.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

RNY on 03/11/15

Melinda, you are doing awesome!  I had RNY 12 days before you and have lost 32 pounds since surgery (56 from my highest weight). I had my 2-month check up yesterday and my doctor said I am right on track.

I was getting a little down about my rate of loss the last few weeks and then my new Weigh****chers scale started having weird jumps up and down.  I got out my trusty old school scale and it showed I had actually lost a few pounds. It turns out my new scale is very inconsistent and got some pretty bad reviews online. I was getting depressed all because of a stupid metal and glass machine.

You are eating less than me and fewer carbs. In fact my goal this weekend is to reign myself back in a bit and get back to the basic protein sources.

Hang in there.  You can do this!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/8/15 8:19 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I'm 15/16 months out and have lost 191 lbs.  

At 7 weeks, I'd lost 27 since surgery. I think I've done pretty well.  I think you are too!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

NinaCanDOit
on 5/9/15 4:46 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Relax.  You are doing it, and you are doing fine.  It's hard when you are in the middle of it to have perspective, but as someone who has been there I'm telling you that you are doing great. 

At 6 weeks out I had lost 31 pounds, and I was fine with that.  Though I had seen some big numbers here and there, I had read that realistically the expectation was 5-6 pounds a week in the first few months after surgery.  OK, fine..... then my nut goes off after my next appt about how I wasn't losing enough and I got angry.  I knew I was doing fine so I just ignored her (which as it turned out was the exact RIGHT thing to do). 

Like everyone else I have had stalls, stops and starts - it happens - just stick to your plan.  If that means counting every calorie, your protein or water, then do it.  For me I just track protein and water and I'm good.  Every now and again I'll do a calorie check to make sure I'm where I want to be, but I just can't do it daily.

If you look at my tracker you'll see I have a lot to lose.  I knew going in that I was going to be on the 18+ month to goal path and I have planned accordingly.  It's not a magic bullet, and you are not everyone else.  Take a look around and set realistic goals for yourself.  Don't let anyone else get to you.  You've got this.

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Doingrightin2015
on 5/9/15 4:46 am
RNY on 03/10/15

This site has such an amazing group of support here!! I too am a slow loser. I tell myself I know I will get to my goal and below it. I am now just going to be 2 months out tomorrow. I too weigh everyday and see the scales jump up and down. I can notice about a 3 lbs diff from morning to evening. at my 8 week check up I was down 21 lbs from day of surgery! I had only lost 6 lbs from week 4 to week 8. I had about a 3 week stall in there. I con't to do what I am doing. My doctor tells me that I am right on track and to throw my scales away. I echo what others have said on here. This is not a race. This is a life style change. What are we going to do when we hit that goal? We are going to con't to follow the program if we want to keep the weight off.  I look at it as I will get to goal, what choice do I have, I have had the surgery and I will con't to follow the plan! This is my life now. No matter how long it takes...we will make it!!

Things that I tell myself the reason it is a slower process for me.

I am 54 years old....I think losing weight is slower as we age

I too had a total hysterectomy with ovaries removed at age 29

I have basically a sitting job, either at a desk or driving many miles. So, I have to make time to be active in my day.  I go to the gym each morning before work!

I don't have as much to lose as others that lose faster. I came in at day of surgery 69 lbs from my old weigh****cher goal set by my family doctor and only 80 lbs from a healthy bmi weight! So, no I am not going to lose it as fast as someone that has 200 lbs to lose. We can not compare ourselves to others. My nephew lost 200 lbs in a year. But my newphew also started the journey at 430 lbs.

A added plus is those that take longer time to lose this can really help with the life style change becoming a true mindset to help us keep this off!!

Chin up buttercup!!! I think your doing a fantastic job and you and I will get there!!! As all the other wonderful posters have done and are doing on this site!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Scarlette B.
on 5/9/15 11:41 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I will say the same thing I said to the other folks with this exact post. I lost 7 pounds in 6weeks right after surgery..7. I cried and used the search icon and found the 30 million others who felt the exact same way and had the exact same stalls.  13 months later down 158.  Follow the plan.and what they said is true,if you out every negative thought that comes along out there you will fill yourself with negativity.  Follow the paln ,,it works!!! 

Peace, love and fat loss!!

xoxoxoxo

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

selhard
on 5/10/15 4:43 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Wow, over 1,000 views on this post!  To answer your questions, I lost steadily the first year, then to a halt just shy of onederland and still needing to lose 30# to have a BMI in the 20's. Being SSMO and losing over 200#,  I find it near impossible to complain, however.  I do worry about reaching goal but will keep forging ahead with dreams of crashing this website when the day comes : ) 

Friends K.
on 5/11/15 8:04 pm
RNY on 01/14/14

Hugs. Stay the course and realize a year is a really long time looking forward but quick looking back the weeks quickly become months and your loss is totally appropriate and normal. Breathe and ride along, 4 lbs a week add up quickly and you'll be amazed. My then 11 yo daughter asked if I would leave surgery skinny... No, many months of steady work and I'm not skinny, just healthy. My surgery had a $10,000 deductible and my total cost was well over $15,000🕔🕔

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views