Is it common to dislike eating breakfast after WLS?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/8/15 4:23 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Might be worth trying out different things for breakfast. I had good luck with a small glass of milk in the mornings at first. Now I often have a piece of string cheese or half of a protein bar-- something easy to nibble on while I pack my lunch and give the doggies their breakfast.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Peppermint73
on 5/8/15 8:42 pm - Canada

I was wondering the same thing. I too have Premier in the mornings and begin to get my water in with viitamins. Then a few hours later I want to have something more solid. Thans for bringing up the question. 

selhard
on 5/8/15 2:35 pm, edited 5/9/15 9:04 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My plan instructs to eat every three waking hours in order to keep blood sugar levels at an even keel throughout the day. This strategy has me attempting to disregard the words, "hungry," "full," "feel like eating," "don't feel like eating."  I mindfully eat out of nutritional need and try to ignore other reasons like boredom, celebration, and stress.  Here's my morning ritual:   starts out with 25 ounces of water, then a glass of warm water mixed with a capful of Miralax, and lastly a homemade protein shake consisting of milk, Kefir, yogurt, wheat germ, protein powder, frozen spinach, frozen banana, and frozen berries. Routine seems to help me stay on track so little change has gone on.  I think your kefir and protein drink can be considered an acceptable breakfast; especially if you eat again within a reasonable length of time.  Sidenote:  I volunteer at our local hospital and frequent the salad bar at the hospital cafeteria.  Today's tuna and vegetables got a comment by the cashier.  She said, "oh, you and your little plate of food."  I like having that reputation :)

Shel25
on 5/9/15 1:08 pm

I bow to your 25oz water in the morning.  Actually, I bow to your whole mindful eating structure but the water piece stands out because I am trying to do better on the water front.  Small steps.....

~Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

selhard
on 5/9/15 2:38 pm, edited 5/9/15 9:00 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

There is a few reasons why so much water in the morning:  1.  waking up dry and thirsty makes for easier water consumption  2.  getting in over half the daily water requirements eases my anxiety about fitting water into a sometimes busy schedule  3.  constipation is an on-going problem...water first thing in the morning is suppose to help the digestive system 4.  easing off water in the evening hours makes for better sleep not having to get up to pee.   Maybe these make sense and will help you in your small steps!

SkinnyScientist
on 5/11/15 5:23 am

Hated breakfast before....still hate it now.

THe ONLY reasons I eat breakfast are: 1) my NUT makes me, 2) I get to pick yummier, more healthy food than those icky breakfast cereals. 

What I am saying, is that since I am forced to eat breakfast, I gave myself permission to eat the high protein things I like. For example, fish, steak, egg salad, tuna salad.

I am not going to eat things taht I dont like for a meal time I dont like.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 28 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views