I know about the 3 week but is there a 3 month stall?

Moogum73104
on 5/6/15 6:23 am
RNY on 02/02/15 with

I have read everywhere about a three week stall, and I was fortunate and really did not have a three week stall, but I just entered my 4th month. My last month in my third month and starting my 4th month and my weight has stayed the same!  I am going on 11 days and I have stayed the same weight.  I also realize that the Body Fat Percentage on a scale is not really accurate, but that is the only thing that is keeping me going because it has went from 49.8 to 48.5.  I am going to start to up my intake of water and exercise more. I still have over 100 pounds to loose and dont want to start feeling like a failure!

Just didn't know if the 3 month stall is normal or not, and just needed to vent!

auntmimi
on 5/6/15 8:00 am

Yes, there are stalls along the way. I had the dreaded stalls. Just take a deep breath and keep on keeping on. I went thru several stalls and am in one now. I had stalls at 3 weeks, 3 months, 5 months, 7 months and 10 months. Each time it just crushed me and made me doubt if I would ever reach goal or if I would be one of the failure cases. Just keep with the protein, fluids, and exercise. Also, have you checked your measurements? I notice that when I am in a stall on the scale that in fact my measurements are going down. Remember this is not a race, we didnt get fat in 3 months time, so we cant expect our bodies to loose it all in that time :) 

soozy_q
on 5/6/15 8:50 am
RNY on 10/20/14

Stalls are part of the process.  It can be hard to stay motivated when the scale doesn't move.  I try to focus on the big picture...how far I have come so far.  I do know that if I follow my plan, I will continue to lose weight. 

Focal
on 5/6/15 10:31 am - Peterborough, Canada

I can totally understand your frustration.  Like some of the others here, I have pretty much had all of the "Stalls".  I had stalls for a week at 3 weeks, 2 months, 4 months and I am now on a long stall which is crazy frustrating.   The one thing I did notice on all of the stalls is that I continue to loose inches at each on.  You just have to keep on track and keep pushing forward through them.  In some cases talking to you dietician can help as well to ensure you are eating properly or if you need to adjust your intake on protein etc.  at my 4 month stall they had me up my protein intake and I lost 15lbs in a week!   Even with all of the stalls that I had along the way I have still lost 108 pounds and am 18lbs to my goal weight at the 6.5 month mark.

Referral from Family Doctor - November 4/13  |  Orientation date for HRRH - January 9/14  |  1st meeting with surgeon - January 30/14  |  Dietician, Registered Nurse, Social Worker Appointments – Feburary 10/14 | Second Dietician - March 11/14 | Dr Glazer - March 20/14 | Sleep Test - March 24/14 | Sleep Test Results - April 15/14 | 2nd Surgeon Appointment - May 13/14 | PATTS - September 30/14 | Surgery Date - October 21/14

Julie_M
on 5/7/15 6:34 am

So glad you posted this! I will be 3 months on May 9th. I've been on a 9 day stall. 😒 I'm 2lbs shy of 50lbs weight loss-- which I know in the back of my mind is good for 3 months, but I just want to make it past 50lbs mark..... Good Luck to you Moogum! 

Moogum73104
on 6/9/15 5:25 pm
RNY on 02/02/15 with

Thank you all for your encouraging words.. It is still going.. It is so frustrating.  Once week I will weigh myself and I will be at 255, and think ok the stall is over, and then the next week I am up to 265.. This is so frustrating.

ShannonMichelle
on 6/10/15 9:44 am - Canada

I'm glad you asked this as I was wondering the same thing. I never had a stall till 3 months and went 2 weeks with the scale not changing. So frustrating when you're doing everything you're supposed to and I was averaging 3-5 lbs a week till that point. Glad to gear it's normal though. I was never going to give up but thankfully I've gone from a size 26 to 17 so now I know not to rely on the scale. 

Surgery Feb 6th 2015  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 232 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views