Happy cruiser

Laura in Texas
on 4/30/15 4:26 am

So happy for you and your family, Deb!! I have only been on one cruise but loved every minute of it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

seattledeb
on 4/30/15 7:54 am, edited 4/30/15 8:40 am

I have seen grumpy people on cruises and I'm just can't believe it. We also have a balcony so I can have solitude.  Looking at the water makes me happy and occasionally I'll see  water shooting up from  the whales.

I hope you get to go on one soon.

Deb

ChristineB
on 4/30/15 11:39 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On April 29, 2015 at 11:53 PM Pacific Time, seattledeb wrote:

I just booked an Alaska cruise for my family in August. I'm so happy!! Every cruise I have lost weight. I eat all that beautiful protein and spend hours walking and hot tubbing and napping and looking at the water.

My 14 year old son is happy about eating all the food he wants. He says we are dessert deficient in our home.

It's all good. I'm so excited!

Deb T.

My husband and I leave from Seattle on the 14th for a 14 day cruise (cruise on the 18th) to AK - was in AK last year for a land, rail and sail 18+ day trip. We are spending 4+ days in Seattle first with a lot of places planned to see and do. Been there (Seattle) before but did not have enough time to see all.

Getting back to the cruise - we always take the stairs instead of the elevators and still get our 10,000 steps in during the day plus the 10+ flights of stairs. Now, there are times when I am in heals and will not do the stairs but that is in the evening and I have earned my right to ride the elevator. We love all the dense protein options available on a cruise. One does not need to eat all the crap and gain weight. My husband and I are both 12+ year out RNY patients.

Enjoy!

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

seattledeb
on 4/30/15 5:57 pm

Elevators with heels totally.

One of my favorite spots in Seattle is in West Seattle. If you are staying downtown you can take the water taxi over. Turn left/south to the Jack Black Park. Beautiful views back to Seattle. If you turn right you can go to Alki beach. They also rent bikes at the West Seattle side of the water taxi.

Deb T....tour director

ChristineB
on 4/30/15 8:26 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Thank you for the info. We are planning on Boeing, ferry to Bainbridge Island, Pike Place Market, China Town. We are staying downtown at the Fairmont a hotel that Holland America utilizes for pre and post cruise. Been to the Space Needle before and are not sure if we will go back due to other things we want to do and see.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Sherrie P.
on 4/30/15 11:48 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I gained on my last cruise :/ just got back from 2 weeks ago. Way too much food recreation!! Trying to get them off but it is a struggle. 

I hope you have a great time!! 

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

seattledeb
on 4/30/15 5:58 pm

Post cruise life is a struggle!

Bonroxie19
on 4/30/15 12:30 pm

I am going to Barcelona and then on to a seven day cruise of spain, and italy.  I love cruising, this will be my 1st since surgery but i always find on vacation that i lose weight because of all the fun activities.  I cannot weight.  If you have not cruise in the past put it on your list.

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

Pokemom
on 4/30/15 2:43 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Such a fun thread for me to read!  I have never been on a cruise before, but we recently booked a cruise to Alaska too!  It is for our entire family of me, husband, and four kids ages 11-20.  We have never done anything so big.  Wanted to take advantage of this window of time when the kids' ages allowed us to do something special--while the oldest are still "with us," at least during the summer, and while the youngest are old enough to do more interesting things and remember them.

We are excited and are trying to choose active things to do at each port.  I am so glad to have part of my extra weight gone so that I can better enjoy this special trip with my family.  It will help make the memories more happy:  instead of me looking back at the photos with sadness, like I was a burden or just tired, I can feel like I belong adn can participate with my active husband and children.  This (not the trip, but more full participation in life) was one of the main reasons I chose WLS.

Thanks for the fun little jaunt of happy thoughts!

seattledeb
on 4/30/15 5:52 pm

Its so perfect for multiple ages. My son is 14 and he's been a cruiser since he was 3. He chose this vacation. We will see him twice a day maybe. He gets to have his own experience which will be eating,running,swimming, and probably girls. I love the rule that no kids are allowed in other kids rooms. They have to be back with their parents by ten pm. It's safe but they get their distance. 

You are going to have so much fun!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views