4 days post op

peachpie
on 5/1/15 8:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi, 

I'm four days post op rny, with slight hernia repair. My surgery went well, my surgein even thanked me in Recovery for doing so well pre op. They said my liver and lungs looked wonderful. I have a 250cm roux limb, which they said will give me great weight loss. My tummy felt more like I had a tummy tuck, it felt so tight from the bloating. I have 6 incisions and was on a morphine pain pump. The staff at my hospital was wonderful, very attentive.  I didn't have to do a second leak test the next day. I came home the following day and have been on pain meds around the clock, but am taking it less frequently and a lower dosage now. My gas is dissipating, I can only muster tiny baby burps, passing wind has been far more productive

I'm drinking water, broth and jello fine, have had no nausea or vomiting. My goal is 50oz, I'm getting to about 30 right now. I'm still trying to work protein in, I'm only used to it with milk, and I can't have milk yet. The crystal light unjury combo makes me gag, I'm super sensitive to smells. I've sworn of the scale until my first post op visit.

I'm focused on hydration, and balancing all these meds/vitamins. I feel well overall and have no regrets so far. 

Doingrightin2015
on 5/1/15 10:55 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

Sounds like you are doing wonderful. Excellent state of mine right out of the gate. Best wishes to you. So, far I am 7 and 1/2 weeks out and all going well for me so far!!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

rocky513
on 5/1/15 11:54 pm - WI

If it's the smell of the protein that is getting to you, try drinking it from a cup with a lid on it.  It really does help you get the protein down.  

Glad you are doing well!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Ms-Misty
on 5/3/15 2:07 pm

I had the same problem with unjury.  I found a protein supplement by Bulk supplements that doesn't add any flavor or smell.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.