PB 2-"worth it"

SkinnyScientist
on 4/30/15 8:41 pm

Hi guys,

I have some cinnamon protein powder. It only tastes good in oatmeal.  I found that if I doctored the shake with peanut butter, it tasted really good but the peanut butter was a whopping 190 calories (i.e. Crazy Richards just having salt, oil, and peanuts. NO sugar).

PB 2 is at a grocery store near me. Is it tastey?  Do you think it would "fix" the shake like PB?  Does it actually have a good and strong peanut taste?

Normally I shy away from shakes cuz they dont give you the full feeling, but it is summer now so I dont think Groomy will be wanting hot oatmeal for breakfast (or hot anything for that matter).  Typically I like cold things in the summer and maybe shakes will be coming online (although my plan doesnt recommend them after the 2 week).

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

chulbert
on 4/30/15 9:41 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I freaking love PB2.  Adding rich peanut taste to things is basically why it was invented.  Give it a try; I can't imagine you'll be disappointed.

SkinnyScientist
on 4/30/15 10:17 pm

What do you add it to?  Do you think it could be used to make a lower fat "peanut sauce" like in asian/thai cooking?

christinerocks
on 5/1/15 1:33 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Actually, that's a great idea.  I haven't tried it but I am going to, now.  The jar provides directions on reconstituting the powder with water.  

Since I'm so newbie, I am still puréeing and learning my food tolerances post op, but I am going to try this out with chicken.  Yum! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

SkinnyScientist
on 5/1/15 7:26 am

I am STILL learning.

It is weird..some days, some things bug me (i.e. apple pie greek yogurt and or coffee) and other days they dont.  And I am 16 months out.

chulbert
on 5/1/15 7:01 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Of course!  Right on their website!  ;)

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes/pb2-thai-dipping-sauce-or-salad-dressing/

I've made that and found it yummy.

One of my favorites was always just to mix it with plain greek yogurt and a little Torani sugar-free syrup.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/1/15 7:29 am

OMG!  Thank you! Thank you!

I am totally going to make thai sauce this week!

And thanks for the encouragement. I bought some, stuck it in the shake after skating and it was JUST AS GOOD as the peanut butter. Actually, it was better because I didnt have to stare at butterscotch colored oil droplets floating on the top of my shake (which I think looks gross..and then I think about the calories in each oil droplet, whether I will burn it off or whether I will gain weight....and then my shake is even worse tasting than when I started!!!)

But this is yum

Also, I tried 1/4 of a teaspoon of the powder n my tongue. Very good too. It kind of dissolves into its own peanut butter on one's tongue. 

cspotrun
on 4/30/15 9:53 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I really like it too.  I mix it with plain greek yogurt and truvia.  I'm sure there are a million better recipes but I'm pretty simple LOL.  I know a lot of people like to mix it with strawberry yogurt to make it like a PBJ.

Karen   

SkinnyScientist
on 4/30/15 10:16 pm

oooh. This sounds like a great idea.

christinerocks
on 4/30/15 10:16 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I have always loved Peanut Butter.  So when I read about PB2, I too was skeptical. It sounds too good to be true, right?  And then I tried it. 

Oh. My. GOD! 

It is the real deal.  All the taste, good protein, very little fat.  I put it in shakes, yogurt, etc.  my only problem now is, my hubby and my stepson have discovered it and use it in their post workout shakes... So now I need to buy it in bulk! (It's a good problem to have!) 

You can buy a relatively small container (6.5 oz) online from Amazon, if you can't find it in a local store.  Enjoy! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.