What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

meganmcg
on 4/29/15 1:26 am

Hi all! It's a beautiful day so far here in the Southern Tier of NY!

Breakfast: Protein coconut mocha shake

Snack: almonds/cashews

Lunch: deli ham and cheese roll-up; light cheese stick

Dinner: Scrambled egg w/ slice of cheese; 1/2 cup cottage cheese (loving this meal lately)

Snack: possibly the new mint chocolate quest bar if it arrives at my house today!! fingers crossed

Exercise: I ran 6.5 miles yesterday so I need to take it slow today; my gym partner wants to start running so I'm doing day 1 of the couch25k with her today.

By the way: I know a lot of you are fitbit users... I've tried the fit*****arge hr and the jawbone up24. Well yesterday I got the Microsoft band and it is the coolest. Tracks my runs and tells me my pace/distance/heart rate as I'm running, and has GPS built into the band so it tracks where I'm running and afterwards tells me how strenuous the activity was and how I should recover/how long it will take to recover. It's almost a smar****ch and the best fitness tracker I've tried. So if you're in the market to invest in a tracker you should research it! Highly recommend it.

Emiepie
on 4/29/15 4:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Mint chocolate quest bar...haven't seen that one yet!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

meganmcg
on 4/29/15 9:00 am

They just launched it last Tuesday :) If you like anything mint chocolate it is awesome! I was really craving something like that since girl scout cookies have been everywhere and it definitely filled that craving!

Emiepie
on 4/29/15 9:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope vitamin shoppe carries them soon!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dodgergirl27
on 4/29/15 2:11 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

I am kind of magazine hoarder too, but since getting my ipad I do it on the ipad instead of actual magazines.  Luckily I have all of my subscription settings changed so they can't auto renew and each year it forces me to really evaluate what magazines I'm a) actually reading and b) actually find good stuff in.  Over the years this has been useful and now I only subscribe to 2 magazines (Instyle & Sunset).  I love magazines for zoning out while I have the TV on (but something I'm only sort of interested in), that's like my ultimate chill out guilty pleasure :)  Pre-surgery that would also include going to town on chips as well, but post op I've been able to train myself to forgo the snacking part of the equation.

Time since surgery: 15 months

B - Fiber Gourmet Wheat thinables & string cheese (Anny, I find if I eat my carbs at breakfast I do better as well and my snack impulse is less intense through out the day...also I feel like the scale is more forgiving if my carbs come earlier in the day and are barely existent at night, my guess is this has more to do with water retention though and the fact that high carb items also tend to have more salt/sodium)

L - Work lunch (I'm hoping for this salad place and with it being hot here today I think I have a good chance of talking him into it)

D - Work dinner, but once again I think we are going to a fish place so I should have pretty solid choices (and I love fish).

W/V - On track

E - TBD (I'm hoping to get 30 min of kickboxing in tonight, but it'll depend on what time I get home)

Have a great Wed everyone!

Capogirl
on 4/29/15 4:53 am

I adore magazines mostly home decorating ones and women's magazine, of course there's some cooking ones as well.  I have really tried to stop lately though, its' pretty easy for them to get out of control. 

B:  Premier Protein Shake

S:  SF Popsicle

L:  Cottage Cheese

S:  SF Pudding

D:  Chicken Broth

I'm getting ready for next week when I can progress to stage 4.  I really need a little something more.

Corrie33
on 4/29/15 8:31 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Just wanted to mention how much I love these menu posts in this forum - I get so many great ideas from you guys! 

11 weeks post-op:

B:  Vanilla Premier Protein Shake with Waldon Farms Calorie Free Caramel Syrup, 1/4 c. cashew milk and a drop of peppermint extract

S:  Calcium Chews Peanut Butter/Chocolate

L:  1 oz Dark Meat Turkey, 1 soft-boiled egg

D:  2 oz Albacore Tuna w/Lite Mayo

Extra:  Crystal Lite, Snapple, 6 tsp Benefiber

V/W - Check!

Total Calories:  418   Protein:  54

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.