What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 4/28/15 11:03 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh! I get zero magazines and recently I was thinking I might want to subscribe to something to page through when I'm bored but don't have the concentration for a book...but then deciding WHAT magazine I want got overwhelming so I never did LOL. What I really would want is a People subscription, but that's way to freaking expensive plus we get it at the Library so it would feel wasteful. 

Time since surgery: 13 months

B: coffee with cream, breakfast sandwich (I can't decide if this find is a good or bad thing - these are frozen sandwiches from the grocer's freezer section - they're made from a sandwich thin type bread, egg, cheese, and turkey bacon - 210 calories, 13 grams of protein and 19 carbs. Kind of high on the carbs, but in the morning I feel like that does give me a boast. So, the point is the stats are ok for where I am at in my "journey" but is the convenience factor too high? Will it slip to stopping at McDonald's for their version? etc....)

S: Kind bar on my way to a meeting

L: turkey sloppy joe eaten with 34 degrees crackers and a granola thin

S: almonds and a babybel light

D: TJ's turkey meatballs with sauce and cheese

S: beef stick with my ESL student, later SkinnyPop and a Yasso bar

TOTALS: Calories 1404, Protein 82, Carbs 117, Fat 75

V/W: started (and my new filtering bottle arrives today, god bless you, Amazon Prime)

E: rest day, which I need given how sore I am from Monday's workout

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

melissasue1982
on 4/28/15 11:10 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

Knitting magazines are always fun to page through when bored....you know, dream about all the projects you dont have time to make!  Oh wait...is that just me???  HAHAHA

I am right that I remember you knit?  Or am I letting my knitting nerd flag fly for no reason??

While I am at it, are you on Ravelry?

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 4/28/15 11:29 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hahaha, oh I am a knitter. Sometimes an OBSESSIVE one, but lately I don't have the concentration for it - I'm super stressed with my new job and knitting usually is a stress reliever for me, but I just can't seem to keep my place right now.

I AM on ravelry, though not a lot lately. I'm AnnyBananny there too!

melissasue1982
on 4/29/15 2:12 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I will friend you on Ravelry!!  I know what you mean, I LOVE knitting and have been at it since I was 9 when my gram taught me.  But since I have my little guys I dont much time to knit without them ripping my stitches off the needles or trying to run around while holding my yarn! HAHA

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 4/28/15 11:25 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Anny, I am having the same internal breakfast sandwich struggle!  What I've found after some experimentation is that a protein and carb breakfast keeps me much more satisfied than just protein alone.  I just make the carbs fit in my day.  Plus the Special K flatbreads are yummy.

AnnyBananny
on 4/28/15 11:30 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Me too, the protein + carbs seem to be really working for me and they're so easy! I think I'm just afraid it's going to turn into a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant from the Dunkin' drive thru....

mamata2
on 4/28/15 11:54 pm

I must admit I LOVE the Dunkin' wake-up wraps.  The are small enough to keep me in check.  The egg with turkey sausage has 210 calories, 13 protein and 14 carbs.  Not too shabby for fast food.

karenp8
on 4/28/15 11:31 pm - Brighton, IL

Beautiful day here in Illinois too. After I finish a cup of coffee Lily and I will head out for our 3.5 miles. I will also do 2.5 more on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike at some point. Today I am 32 months post op and weight is 119. On track with vitamins and fluids so far and here is the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli chicken and cheese and hummus with pepper strips D 31/2 oz t bone steak with mushrooms and 1/2 c cauliflower S banana cream Greek yogurt with granola. Have a great day everybody and make amazing choices too!

Emiepie
on 4/29/15 12:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning!

Quick post to check-in (I will come back later and scroll through the posts) as I have an early dentist appointment this morning.

Time since surgery: 8+ months

B: SF Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte (Cheating since it's not a gym day) and my usual egg beater scramble and fruit

S: Cranberry Thin Addictives and laughing cow wedge

L: Probably will head out for lunch today so TBD but grilled chicken most likely

S: L&F Greek Strawberry yogurt with a handful of granola tossed in

D: Flat out pizza, small salad and PB Froyo

E: 1/2 stationary stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 882 Protein: 71 Carbs: 97 Fat: 25

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/15 6:37 am

I had a dentist appointment to this morning. I had a root canal done and a major filling. I hate the dentist it makes me so sick to my stomach. I am glad I went I had no idea how infected my one tooth was. I have had problems all my life with my teeth so WLS had nothing to do with it. 

B:Not much felt icky

L:Coffee with creamer

S:Lime shrimp from costco and sugar free pickles

D:Steel head trout

S:Yogurt

Getting water in. Vitamins are in. Running around doing errands. 

Everyone have a good night. I will check back tomorrow. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.