4 days to go!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 1:57 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Surgery is Monday, and my cold is fortunately on the upswing. The PA at my clinic told me it wouldn't interfere with surgery as long as I don't have a fever (98.1 degrees this morning, and you can be sure I'm checking it often, hahaha). I'm starting to have minor freak-outs that aren't really focused on anything in particular...if the cold wasn't stressing me out, it would be something else. Did anyone else go through this? I see my psychologist tomorrow, the last time before surgery, and I'm really thankful for that. My mom flies in Saturday to take care of my husband and me post-op (his VSG is the 11th). I'm a giant bundle of nerves!!

mornings
on 4/30/15 3:49 am - Canada

its great your both  doing this together ,  Your mom is a wonderful mother to come and help  support is so very important it sounds like you have abundance and your gonna do wonderful ,     we will be excited to hear how you got along ,   take care try to not be nervious  be  excited more  ,    You start a whole new life in a few days  best of luck to you and your husband  its like a second honeymoon for you both

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 3:58 am
RNY on 05/04/15

That's great to hear; thanks so much!  =)  Most of my family knows now and is very supportive of both of us. I hope that helps!

mute
on 4/30/15 5:18 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I'm glad your cold is getting better! I was extremely confident about the surgery the entire time and then the weekend before I was a mess of anxiety. I still knew I wanted the surgery but all of a sudden I was freaking out. I had nothing in particular to freak out about, just kind of everything!

Good luck to both you and your husband!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 12:04 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Haha that sounds like my anxiety to a T! I'm glad I'm not alone!

killinmesmalls77
on 4/30/15 6:04 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

Hang in there. Can you up your vitamin C for a few days? :)  My surgery is scheduled for May 7th and I have the same feelings of minor freak-outs and then swing towards being calm and certain that everything with the surgery will turn out fine.  It is great that you and your hubby are doing this together.  Keep us posted on how everything goes! 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 12:06 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Vitamin C, Sudafed, Mucinex, Cold Eeze, you can bet I'm throwing anything and everything at this cold, lol.

jackieboy331
on 4/30/15 7:44 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Best of luck to you. I have my RNY on Monday as well. I'm in and out with anxiety as well. I am keeping busy at work I have a lot going on so that is keeping my panic at bay. Please keep in touch I would sure like to compare notes. Good luck again we are twins

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 12:06 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Good luck surgery twin! I'm sure we'll see each other around on here to compare notes.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.