What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 4/30/15 12:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Way to go! It does seem to take a little bit at first then there times it goes so quick that you have to go through the closet every week!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 4/30/15 12:47 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I think maybe I have done down more then one size.  I am trying to wear the clothes I have now for as long as possible!  I am so cheap, just trying to save.  Maybe I wont have to buy every size and skip some! HAHAHA

I did find a few smaller things in my closet that have helped tide me over.

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 4/30/15 1:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have "altered' some of my pants at the waist line just to get by for a period of time. I can't sew well so luckily my shirts cover the area pretty well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

christinerocks
on 4/30/15 12:52 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Whoop- hoo congratulations! Everyone says we should be watching the sizes and measurements during the stalls. You are doing INCREDIBLE there, girl - you should be so proud.  I may be in the stall too - the timing is right - but thank God we have everyone here to prepare us.  I'm not freaked out, but I would have been if I had not read all about it on OH.  

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

melissasue1982
on 4/30/15 12:59 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Yup I anticipated the stall to happen, so when it did, I didn't freak out.  BUT I must say, when I do weigh myself and its still the same....I have like a mini argument with myself.  ITS OK MELISSA, the scale will move....BUT what if it doesn't and I had this surgery for no reason.....SHUT UP MELISSA and stop whining! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 1:45 am

Woohoo on losing 50 pounds. 

melissasue1982
on 4/30/15 2:03 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Most of it was before surgery, but I will take what I get! LOL

karenp8
on 4/29/15 10:56 pm - Brighton, IL

Beautiful day here in Illinois too. Lily and I will walk right after lunch as I have to get groceries and have food pantry this morning. Weight today at 119.4. I will also walk 2.5 miles on the treadmill and do 25 minutes on the bike as well. I must be your opposite AV as I like high waisted pants but now that I am so tiny I have a hard time finding them because the juniors pants that fit best tend to be low rise. Juniors 1 fit me better that a women's 0 because the butt tends to be smaller and I have NO butt left. On track with fluids and vitamins and here is the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken and cheese with hummus and pepper strips D 31/2 oz poached salmon with 1/2 c cauliflower S yogurt with granola. Have a great day full of great choices everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 4/29/15 11:01 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

So jealous that you're grilling! And by that I mean I would like to eat food someone else has grilled, not do the grilling myself LOL. My family never really grilled growing up and I never learned how, but I love the taste!

I hear you on the clothing. Somehow I actually did remain relatively the same proportions as my size shrank, so my general size stayed the same. But I went from wanting to play up "the girls" and hide everything else to wanting to flatter my whole body and it's been an adjustment. I also went from not really having a defined style to trying to actually keep to a "look," at least when it comes to work. I don't have a name for it, but I try to keep to fitted, polished, modern.

Time since surgery: 13 months

B: once again forgot a big part of my daily menu at home, so I'm having yogurt twice today....a Chobani Flip from my mini fridge

S: coffee with cream, L&F with sliced almonds

L: egg salad made with LF mayo, 34 Degrees crackers, granola thin (which I constantly type as granola thing and it makes me giggle)

S: almonds

D: TJ's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup and steamed carrots

S: Fiber Gourmet Thinables and a Yasso bar (I haven't had the Thinables in ages but I found an unopened box at the back of my pantry last night - for anyone who doesn't know these, they're basically healthier Cheezits. Of course they have carbs but they're packed with Fiber and are a good alternative if you're needing a salty/crunchy snack. I love to eat them with a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite.)

TOTALS: Calories 1210, Protein 71, Carbs 111, Fat 66

V/W: started - my new filtering bottle arrived yesterday and I love it already

E: trying a new class at the gym tonight called Body Combat, it's a Les Mills program and you know how much I love Body Pump so hopefully this will be a good one too. It seems to be sort of kickboxing related...

I have REALLY been struggling with night time stress eating since starting my new job. I get home with the best of intentions and then I just go off the rails. Obviously off the rails is a relative terms since I don't have the capacity to eat too, too much and I don't keep outrageous things in the house, but still. Just eating things I haven't planned out. For a year I was able to keep myself so well in check, if it wasn't on my plan for the day I didn't put it in my mouth (generally speaking), but it's gotten to be such a challenge. I know the advice, I've read it here a million times - mostly just venting and putting it out there in the "admitting the problem is the first step" kind of way.

Have a good day ladies - send me positive vibes around 9pm, that seems to be my witching hour!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 4/29/15 11:26 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I didn't learn to grill until I got married, and that was mostly out of self-preservation.  My husband's idea of grilling is to make everything resemble a charcoal briquette.

I know you mentioned it back a few days, but what kind of filtering bottle do you have?  And does it do a good job?  I'd love to be able to refill here at work but we don't have a cooler and the tap water is kind of funky.

Alarm set for "no snacking vibes"!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views