What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/29/15 10:33 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning!  I hope everyone is feeling good this fine sunny morning!  Observation:  I've been doing some shopping and I'm starting to figure out my "actual" body shape; I have no waist or hips.  LOL  A lot of pants I'm trying on are too tight in the waistband but look like harem pants on my hips and thighs.  If it's not low rise, I'm in danger of suffocating myself.  I shudder to think that high waisted pants are making a comeback.  Anybody else make a body discovery like this as they lost the weight?  It's hard to go from just getting dressed to actually dressing yourself.  Does that make sense?

I'm happy with today's menu again; mostly because I'm grilling tonight!  I love grilling out and veggies on the grill are one of my all time favorites.  Today it's asparagus but a lot of times I make veggie kebabs with tomatoes and peppers and mushrooms.   Mmmm...mushrooms.  What's your favorite thing to grill?

B:  coffee and a Special K ham egg and cheese flatbread sandwich. 

S:  Smoked turkey sticks and a golden delicious apple

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rind crackers.

D:  Greek turkey burger (with extra feta) and asparagus on the grill.  *happydance*

TOTALS:  Cals:  861  Protein:  80  Carbs:  50  Fat:  42

Make good choices my friends!

mamata2
on 4/29/15 10:52 pm

Good morning all :)  Since surgery my girls have deflated and I find that is the hardest thing for me to dress.  I went from a 42G to a 34DD.  I have always been a busty girl but now I feel like I have nothing but skin bags.  I'm learning that I can wear button down shirts without losing an eye to a popping off button.  I also have a pancake butt, however that seems far less difficult to work around.  High waisted pants make me think of my mom in the 80s.  I want no part of it!  I'm a medium rise girl, that way I don't have to worry about the apron sneaking out ;)

Yesterday I was a bottomless pit.  I ate my breakfast and lunch for breakfast.  I ate all my snacks in the morning and I was still hungry.  I have no idea whats going on.  The only thing that stopped me was eating so much lunch I physically made myself sick.  Then I was under control for the remainder of the day.  Granted Aunt Flo is visiting and my workouts are crazy but I really shouldn't be eating this much.  I'm hoping today won't be so bad.

Time since surgery: almost 10 months

B: SF Latte and Oats with raisins

S: Thin Addictives with Laughing cow light wedge

L: Grilled turkey with brie and apples

S: Iced Coffee with heavy cream and carb conscious tortilla with pb&co white chocolate wonderful

D: Grilled chicken breast (THANKS AV for the idea)

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: 2850m swim

Totals: Calories 1103, Protein 89, Carbs 105, Fat 48

Have a great day all!

AnnyBananny
on 4/29/15 11:03 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG! I'm wearing a high waisted pencil skirt today and I'm in love with it! I tucked a tshirt in and I like couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror LOL. You should try it!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 4/30/15 12:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

good for you! I still "can't" tuck a shirt in :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 4/30/15 1:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

That's the beauty of the high-waisted skirt! It's the only time I'm willing to tuck!

Emiepie
on 4/30/15 12:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You're not alone! Bottomless pit here yesterday too-I ended up adding a quest bar to my lunch. Hoping today is better too!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 4/29/15 10:52 pm, edited 4/29/15 10:52 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

I have lost 50 lbs since starting my program.  I have FINALLY gone down a size!  It just takes forever when you are in bigger sizes!!  I have always had big hips/butt/thighs and a smaller waist, so finding jeans that fit is hard.  If they fit in the waist they are SO TIGHT around my thighs/hips.  If they fit in the hips/thighs they are HUGE around my waist! HAHA  I guess I will just have to see what happens as I lose ,more weight. 

GRILL ALL THE THINGS!!!!  I love grilling...anything really.  I even used to make pizza on the grill.

3 weeks 3 days post op

B: L&F Greek yogurt, toasted coconut.  I was able to eat the whole container!! 

L: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with 1 tbsp mild salsa

S: Premier protein

D: Taco casserole (Bariatric foodie recipe)

Totals: Cals: 489  Protein: 72  Carbs: 28  Fat: 11

E: Went for a walk before work.  Water and vitamins are going down

I am definitely in the "3 week stall", it has been over a week and I am playing with the same pound over and over! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 4/29/15 11:02 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Congratulations! You're so right, dropping that first size felt like it took FOREVER. I remember thinking to myself "God, how freaking tight were my clothes that I can lose X pounds and STILL fit into them?!" 

melissasue1982
on 4/29/15 11:04 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

It is crazy because I do NOT wear tight clothes.  I hate anything tight and restricting!  Well at this size anyway, who knows about later on.

I also don't feel the need to squeeze myself into a smaller size just so I can say I am in a smaller size.  Does that make sense??  I would rather wait until the next size actually fits correctly.

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 4/29/15 11:45 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

TOTALLY makes sense! I never understand women *****fuse to just go to the next size up - they would look SO much better if they were wearing items that actually FIT. Especially given the wild differences in sizes brand to brand, I wear anything from a 6 to a 10 depending on the brand and I'm ok with that. Granted, I'd much rather be in the 6s, but when I lay my size 6s down on top of my size 10s, they're the same!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views