Revision RYGB

Kchandler
on 4/27/15 7:44 am - Loganville, GA

i am 20 years post op roux en y GB. I lost 181 lbs within the first 15 months and would redo it all again. Going from 300+ lbs to 119 changed my life. As time has passed my stomach (pouch) seems to hold more and I don't feel full as quickly as I did before. I have gained 41 lbs and want a revision. I have had several of the sclerotherapy 4 times and it didn't seem to help. My RYGB was done before laparoscopic was introduced, so I was cut from the top of my breast bone down to my belly button. I have since had a tummy tuck, breast implants, butt/thigh lift, lipo, complete face lift, and arm revision. I go through surgery very well and am good patient, wanting a GB revision but don't know my options. My surgeon is outstanding but has since retired. What would doctors recommend?

JA
on 4/27/15 10:00 pm - East Haven, CT

Congrats to you on a fabulous weight loss.  I don't know what most doctors would say, but statistics say that we gain back 10% of our weight loss, so your 10% would be +/- 20lbs and you've doubled that.  I gained about 20lbs back a few yrs ago, and just got very strict on my diet plan and was able to lose it again.  Some of the things I did, was removed all carbs from my diet, ie bread, rice, pasta, grains, etc.  Ate eggs in the a.m., protein and veggies at lunch and protein and veggies at dinner.  Good luck!

chulbert
on 4/27/15 10:52 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I don't think you'll find a surgeon who is willing to operate on you to get rid of a mere 40 pounds.  It sounds like you're relying too heavily on the surgery and not enough on your food choices.  It's exceedingly unlikely that pouch size is the issue, it's what you're eating.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics