Curious to know

Ladytazz
on 4/27/15 6:02 pm

I really wish I had the answer.  I just know that when I stopped eating the refined carbs, the things with sugar and gluten mainly, the cravings have stopped and I am able to resist eating those things.

When I was eating them before I felt I had no choice.  I had to eat, no matter what the price was.  I was truly out of control and I paid a huge cost.

Not just physically but emotionally.  I hated myself and I think that is why I sabotaged myself.  It was kind of a viscous cycle.  The more I ate, the worse I felt and the worse I felt, the more I ate.

I just had to stop it long enough to get the carbs out of my system and then I was able to make better choices when I wasn't being ruled by my cravings.

Really, the only way to stop is to stop.  The hard part is stopping.

I haven't eaten any sugar or gluten in nearly 5 years so I have a lot more confidence in myself and I am proud of myself and that helps me not want to go back there.

I do go to 12 step groups for my addiction issues and the help and support from others with the same problems really helps me feel not so alone.

It is also important that I continue to participate on OH so I can get and give support to others who have had or are having WLS.

Good luck to you.  If you have to, white knuckle it.  Don't eat those things until you get to where you don't want to eat those things.

Someone once told me that if you want to know why you overeat you will have to stop overeating.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Gina 22 years out
on 4/28/15 3:16 am - Burleson, TX

TAZZ--as always, you are my hero 

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/28/15 3:29 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Where is the like button???  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/28/15 7:17 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On April 28, 2015 at 1:02 AM Pacific Time, Ladytazz wrote:

I really wish I had the answer.  I just know that when I stopped eating the refined carbs, the things with sugar and gluten mainly, the cravings have stopped and I am able to resist eating those things.

When I was eating them before I felt I had no choice.  I had to eat, no matter what the price was.  I was truly out of control and I paid a huge cost.

Not just physically but emotionally.  I hated myself and I think that is why I sabotaged myself.  It was kind of a viscous cycle.  The more I ate, the worse I felt and the worse I felt, the more I ate.

I just had to stop it long enough to get the carbs out of my system and then I was able to make better choices when I wasn't being ruled by my cravings.

Really, the only way to stop is to stop.  The hard part is stopping.

I haven't eaten any sugar or gluten in nearly 5 years so I have a lot more confidence in myself and I am proud of myself and that helps me not want to go back there.

I do go to 12 step groups for my addiction issues and the help and support from others with the same problems really helps me feel not so alone.

It is also important that I continue to participate on OH so I can get and give support to others who have had or are having WLS.

Good luck to you.  If you have to, white knuckle it.  Don't eat those things until you get to where you don't want to eat those things.

Someone once told me that if you want to know why you overeat you will have to stop overeating.

This is so much like me -- I am a food addict and my drug of choice is carbs.  Even a bit unintentionally makes me crave more and more and more -- it's a terrible feeling.  

You are a great resource Taz.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?