Surgery Tomorrow!

Krystal E.
on 4/23/15 10:08 am
RNY on 04/24/15

So my surgery is tomorrow! Does anyone have any last minute words of wisdom or advise? It would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. Super nervous/anxious/excited. 

Bhamby
on 4/23/15 10:11 am - Marietta, GA

Nothing to add since mine is May 14th. Just wanted to say greats and good luck

Krystal E.
on 4/23/15 10:14 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Well congrats to you as well. I will make sure to post how it's going so that people like self have so kind of ideas as to whats coming. Good luck to you. 

brandycain
on 4/23/15 10:18 am

Be prepared to walk, walk, walk.  I knew I would have to walk lots but boy they didn't let up.  I suggest being honest with staff and make Sure they are aware if how mobile ukulele were before surgery.  I didn't speak up, and over did it.  my muscled were very sore. But do walk as often as you can, even if it's not far. Good luck! I'll keep you in my thoughT's. 

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

Krystal E.
on 4/23/15 10:20 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Thank you for the advise. I will be ready for what ever they throw at me. 

HW 365 SW 333 CW 316 

Doingrightin2015
on 4/23/15 10:45 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Best wishes to you. I am 6 weeks out and overall thing really were not that bad. The first few hours after the surgery I didn't like the pain, but they give you pain meds. I was up and walked the halls that evening. Started sipping on crystal light that evening. I was shocked at how sweet the lemonade crystal light tasted. I had to water it down!! LOL. Just sip, sip, sip. Walk, Walk, Walk and do the breathing toy that Resp. will bring to you to use after having surgery!! I went home the next day. Did a lot of sleeping that first week, other than up walk some, drink some, sleep some. By the second week I was moving more and going places without issues. Expect to be very tired that first wee or two...know as the weeks go by energy will come back to you. It will be important that you work on getting in the fluids and the protein to help with that. Soon the surgery will be a distant memory!!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Semaenlightened
on 4/23/15 10:49 am
RNY on 03/25/15

Congrats!!!! What I wish someone would have told me is that when you are in recovery you may feel crazy amounts of pressure in your chest from the gas....I knew there would be gas, and I've had laproscopic surgery before...but was not prepared for the pressure..I thought I was having a heart attack and it kind of freaked me out...I kept belching and belching and belching.  Know I know it is perfectly normal but I was scared when i felt it.  The other thing is make sure that the nurses call light is secured to the bed or wrapped around the railing.  They did not seem to want to do that for me and it kept falling on the floor and a couple of times I literally had to call for help.  You will do great!! Walk Walk Walk...and when they start offering you pain pills, try just one first and see if it does the trick so that you are not so sedated.

corrineangel
on 4/23/15 11:39 am
RNY on 03/23/15 with

You'll do great! Trust me it goes by very fast so don't be nervous. Keep us posted!

Emiepie
on 4/23/15 11:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Chapstick is a must for the hospital! Good luck tomorrow.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

IowaMomma
on 4/23/15 1:32 pm

I just had my surgery yesterday on the 22nd.  The gas pain was bad but walking helped a ton.  Just stay on top of your pain meds and keep that positive attitude!!  The second day was tons better!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics