Newbie asking for help

Bhamby
on 4/23/15 8:45 am - Marietta, GA

hi I been a lurker for sometime. I have a question my wls date is May 14th, but I go may 13th to my surgeons office for preop  then go to the hospital to Finnish.what are they doing anyone know?   Thanks in advance

Semaenlightened
on 4/23/15 1:19 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Good luck!!! Each hospital is probably different. My pre-op stuff was about 4 days prior to surgery and it was a lot of questions about medications I am currently on and explaining yet again what the surgery would entail and what the risks were.  They did another urine test, took my weight, drew some more blood.  Then I met with the anesthesiologist who went over my meds again checked my teeth for loose teeth..did a little bit of palpating my throat and looking in my throat. They also went over my health care proxy etc. 

NYMom222
on 4/23/15 1:31 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Mine was about the same... I think I also had a chest x-ray and I didn't speak to the anesthesiologist that day...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

recordsmom
on 4/24/15 1:25 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I just went to the hospital yesterday for my preop registration.  They got all the paperwork in order and signed.  They did a final blood draw to check my potassium level.  The bariatric unit nurse talked to me about my diet and medications the day before surgery and that morning.  She also went over what to expect the day of and after surgery.  Then an anesthesiologist checked over my records and asked a few questions about my teeth and mouth and made sure everything was ready for surgery day!  Nothing too hard, the hard part before surgery has already been done! :)

Bhamby
on 4/24/15 4:34 am - Marietta, GA

Thank s for the info. Don't sound to bad, oh I got a call and I have to go get a ivc filter put in on the eight. Ya lol 

Capogirl
on 4/24/15 10:54 pm

My preop was about 10 days before surgery.  I met with a physician to talk over my current meds and general health, and what to expect from surgery, she listened to my heart and lungs, then had blood taken, a chest xray, EKG, met with the NP from anesthesiology, discussed what meds I could take the day before and the day of surgery, she checked me for loose teet, etc.  A bit of poking and prodding but worth it.     

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics