First meal that's not a shake or souo

momx3
on 4/26/15 6:58 am

having a really bad day. Feeling very depressed ... Great deal of regret.  Crying a lot. So now I'm to move on to "mush" any suggestions?? I'm afraid... Up to now I have had shakes, tomato/chicken broth and a yougurt. Petrified of dumping   Anybody with ideas? I feel like the pain which is still pretty bad I have 8 incisions I already had bad fibromyalgia and severe arthritis...so just miserable. 2 weeks tomorrow gastric by pass. What was I thinking :(

anyway want to try something else after a month on stupid shakes that make me so nauseous...thanks

Cooter N.
on 4/26/15 7:49 am

You will feel better soon. I had been in alot of pain in one area especially and felt that it would never stop. Then had hip pain, and all kinds of other issues. I am 2.5 months out and feel 98% back to normal. It will get better and the emotions are normal. I had refried beans with cheese and lived off of those for a week. Then I moved to cottage cheese. Just experiment until you figure it out.

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

ChillOutWayne
on 4/26/15 7:58 am, edited 4/26/15 7:58 am
RNY on 03/02/15

I was right there with you a mere 6 weeks ago, having a really hard time both mentally and physically. I looked forward to the mush stage somethin fierce, especially since my clear liquid (zero calorie) phase lasted 10 days followed by 10 of liquids. I will say this, once I hit mush foods I had a recommendation from someone on this site to check out this site for an eggface recipe and since making Shellys ricotta bake that day, everything changed. I'd highly recommend that and anything else on there that sparks your fancy. 

Cliche or not, and reading it so much on here may not sink in (which it didn't for me either) but in just a few short weeks you are going to feel amazing and have zero regrets. Honestly, it's like a magic trick, just wait. Battling this alone all our lives and when we see the structure come in to place and the work paying off in dividends the regret (along with any pain or discomfort) will be gone. 

BTW- I tried adding a link to Shellys page for the recipe but it won't let me. Just Google "the world according to eggface pureed foods". It'll be the top result. 

NYMom222
on 4/26/15 11:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

The beginning is rough... especially with the food. The ricotta bake is great as well as refried beans with a little salsa and cheese melted in microwave... I have severe Arthritis as well, and I will tell you losing weight makes a huge difference. I found SF popsicles were my lifesaver during this time. refreshing and solid! I had never eaten them before but they hit the spot and counted towards liquids. BTW are you getting enough fluids? because not getting enough can make you feel terrible.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

momx3
on 4/26/15 12:02 pm

Thank you. Yes sf pops are life savers. And will try those things. Everything seems so complicated... I guess just looking for simple stuff to start. But will try. Yes drinking  glad helps arthritis is better. Some hope. Just having a hard time dealing with pain and new way to eat and depression I know only been two weeks but not a happy camper. I know time is what I need. But just kinda skimmed this part in prep for this. Thanks 

Semaenlightened
on 4/26/15 12:59 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

I am only 4 weeks out and had a very emotional week at about week 2.  My emotions were all over the place! I too have depression issues as well as significant back and joint issues.  It does get better.  I am still kind of in the mushy stage...I still love my dannon light and fit 80 calorie yogurts, canned chicken blended with a little hummus and baba ganoush is delish!  Tuna salad, egg salad. Those are my favs right now.

Bethany

momx3
on 4/26/15 1:10 pm

Hi 

thank god some one who gets it!!! Yes tomorrow 2 weeks and very emotional ... Thought I was alone.. Everybody seemed to bounce back much quicker. Please tell me how you prepare like tuna and stuff everybody has complicated mush. Tomorrow first mush day. I just want simple !you made me feel better Ty Ty Ty. Good luck to you. Really appreciate your reply. 

Ocalasam
on 4/26/15 11:33 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

For egg salad and tuna salad (I caution you to go slowly on these if they are on your plan, I was not able to tolerate these for several months), just mix with a little mayo and some salt and pepper.  It is a very emotional time.  You kind of lost your best friend (food).  That can get difficult at times.  Finding new ways to cope with stress, and other emotions was a big challenge for me.  Seeing a therapist to sort through some of this might be beneficial.  It seems very daunting for quite a while, then the weight starts to significantly drop and you start to feel better and people start to notice and all of a sudden, it's your new normal.  You had the surgery, no turning back. . . just have to get through it.  Try to stay busy!

Navychic
on 4/27/15 4:29 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I know this is super lazy and well if a short cut exists I take it... but I just go to a fancy grocery store deli and buy one each of those 10 oz containers of egg salad, seafood salad, chicken salad  & tuna salad.  Its just me eating it and I don't need a lot, so those four containers last me a while.  So easy and I can eat  a spoonful or two every few hrs. You just have to verify the labels for contents.

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics