Do u ever introduce pasta back into your diet?

Navychic
on 4/22/15 2:12 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Had spaghetti squash (still only a few oz) for dinner two nights ago when my Boys ate regular spaghetti...Soooo Good, I was a skeptic and expected to hate it, but honestly I was more attracted to the squash than the marinara meat sauce.   Really yummy. Nuked the whole thing in the microwave for 10 minutes (with a bunch of hole*****hed in it by a fork.  Took it out cut it in half, scraped the seeds, scraped out some "spaghetti strings" tossed in a bit of butter, garlic, salt & pepper.  I can not get over how good this tasted!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/15 2:46 am, edited 4/22/15 2:46 am

I love  spaghetti squash "pasta" and even just plain veggies in tomato sauce lol ... but yes I eat the real thing and real pizza too which was a big binge trigger food and weight gainer food for me .  

My trick is to 1) make it /bake it fresh 

2) use lower fat toppings ( I used to love a combination of white american cheese and fat  free shredded mozzarella but my boyfriend doesn't so  now I just use fresh mozzarella , ( but limited- like in Italy ) , I stuff the crust with fat  free sliced cheese and spices ( I'm the only one who finishes the crust)  .. and I use pepperoni sliced onions and mushrooms and olives copiously to add richness volume and taste while remaining low fat and healthy .

3) I never eat pasta in restaurants because they use CUPS of oil literally in the sauce ( prove it if you need to by taking home half your portion and putting it in the refrigerator )- I make the same sauces at home fat free or close to such by substituting fat free powdered milk and butter buds 

Freshly baked Italian bread is still a daily  addiction of mine and probably keeps the last fifteen lbs  on me... If I run or swim a mile a few times a week those two extra dress sizes come off. 

I personally won't diet until someone's paying me to stand in front of a camera - then I might substitute the spaghetti squash for the semolina. That said I am pretty lucky that I've really never dieted so I have a normal metabolism and I enjoy moving ..

MyLady Heidi
on 4/22/15 2:49 am

I eat it occasionally, still at ten years out it is a guaranteed stomach ache.  I will eat the meatballs or the meat sauce and a little tiny bit of the pasta but it always ends the same so its not really enjoyable.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics