Best Protein Shake Recipes....

Careecans9801
on 4/21/15 2:05 am - cohocton, NY

I am 2 1/2 years out and I have always struggled with my protein shakes. I was wondering if anyone has any really good recipes that they would not mind sharing.

* I find most protein has a really medicinal taste to it*

Surgery Date 1/14/13

White Dove
on 4/21/15 2:54 am - Warren, OH

At 2-1/2 years out you should not need protein shakes to get in enough nourishment.  I enjoyed mine but had to give them up because they were contributing to weight regain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Charles_TM
on 4/21/15 6:01 am

I drink the chocolate premier protein shakes, but I blend it with some ice, a banana, and some peanut butter. I find that the banana and peanut butter help mask any unpleasant tastes in the actual shake. Find that the shake isn't that bad by itself either tho. 

NYMom222
on 4/21/15 6:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

With the premier Protein I shake them up with a squirt of SF chocolate syrup and some instant coffee. makes it Mocha. If you like coffee flavored Chike and Fit Frappe are good.  The Inspire Pumpkin Pie smoothie powder from Bariatric eating.com is very good.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Semaenlightened
on 4/21/15 10:17 am
RNY on 03/25/15

I use a chocolate whey protein isolate (stop and shop fitness powder) and 8 oz of water or fairlife fat free milk and a carmel macciato dannon light and fit 80 calorie greek yogurt. or any flavor yogurt....I also find that putting a scoop of powder in with a yogurt and mixing it is great tastes like chocolate cheesecake filling and has 32 grams of protein

selhard
on 4/21/15 11:25 pm, edited 4/21/15 11:28 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My post-op instructional packet says the best protein powder is 100% whey protein isolate.  A good choice would be the brand name Unjury found at www.unjury.com.  Many good recipes can be found at www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com   One of my chores growing up on a farm was mixing protein powder with water to feed to calves.  That experience with protein powder helped me find the smell and taste no big deal; same with swallowing vitamin supplements; not the same with constipation woes :(

siberiancat
on 4/21/15 11:56 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I have a hot protein drink every morning for breakfast:

1 scoop chocolate whey isolate powder (I use Bluebonnet)

1 scoop Mocha Click powder

1 ounce water

1 ounce sugar free syrup (I use DiVinci or Torani brand) caramel, peppermint paddy, pumpkin, raspberry, etc.

Mix the above in a 14 ounce mug until the consistency of cake batter.  Boil water.

Pour boiling water into mug -WHILE STIRRING CONSTANTLY (to avoid clumping)

My breakfast protein drink provides 150 calories, 11 grams carb, and 32 grams protein.

I've had this every morning for 5 years - even when traveling.

Best wishes,  Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Jen H.
on 4/22/15 1:00 am, edited 4/22/15 1:00 am - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

I love Jay Robb whey protein powder.  No funky taste.  If you haven't tried it, they do have samples.

As far as recipes go, I have a few faves.  (I use milk for all of these. It doesn't disagree with me and it's extra protein.)

• Chocolate powder with S'Mores flavor SF Torani.
  • Vanilla powder with Salted Caramel flavor SF Torani.
  • Chocolate powder with some powdered PB2.
  • Vanilla powder with a couple of tsp of SF Cheesecake jello powder and some cinnamon (tastes like a cinnamon roll)

In the mornings I have Click Espresso. While I love love love the caramel flavor, the caffeine bothers me.  The decaf mocha is great as well, so that is my go-to first thing in the morning. Just mix in a shaker with water, pour in a cup and warm it up!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics