HELP, scared, disappointed, plain just freaking out!

Patm
on 4/19/15 3:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Harsh. She is asking for help which shows she os far from stupid

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/18/15 11:51 pm

Sorry, but it does not look like you read enough, if you did not know that for a few weeks or months you may not get the full feeling... 

As others said, you are really adding for trouble... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 4/19/15 12:03 am

You asked for advice a few days ago but obviously did not listen.

First thing tomorrow find a therapist. Worst case scenario as other have stated is death. A top second is that you will never get anywhere near your goal weight and this will all be for naught.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mary Gee
on 4/19/15 12:09 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

So, you were hungry, and threw your doctor's plan out the window.  Why didn't you call your doctor's office and make an appointment to see him.  Why did you bother going through the pre-op process if you were not committed to following your doctor's instructions?  Your surgery worked - you said yourself you saw how it worked through the swallow test and "it looked just right".  So you ate dense foods......were potatoes on the list of dense foods to eat?

Hopefully, you have not done physical damage.  Follow your doctor's plan.  You say you have a lot of weight to lose -- you are NOT going to lose it if you don't follow instructions.  Call him - swallow your pride and get the help you need.   WLS is not "the easy way out" .....there are rules to be followed

Enough said.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

brandycain
on 4/19/15 4:01 am

I didn't throw out the whole plan.  I screwed up and was looking for support.  I live in a state with one surgeon and one weight loss center.  I had to travel to go to my program and to my surgery.  It's not as simple for me to call and go see him. I know No others that have ever gone through this surgery.  I will call him tomorrow and hope to talk to someone.  I was not told that my staples could tear open.  I was told it was secure and that it's rare.  I was told I'd get sick and throw up.  I get it.

Enough said

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

Mas
on 4/19/15 12:22 pm

This is third time that I have read this post.  I think that people are reacting to your story out of real concern.....their best advice is my best advice.....go see your doctor, follow the plan and stop tempting fate....for your own well being and future. These posts are meant to be supportive and words are all we have...you must rely on the true experts in the medical field.   Wishing you success.  

brandycain
on 4/20/15 1:52 am

Thank you.  I was able to talk to my Dr and nutritionist. I can't see them for a couple weeks because I have to travel and it's hard to get in there for an appT. But I'm on the right path now. 

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/20/15 1:06 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Support is NOT "oh you'll be fine, don't worry about it."

Support IS saying that you're putting yourself at serious risk and need to get your act together, lest you fail or worse.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mary Gee
on 4/20/15 1:33 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You know, I did come down kind of harsh on you, and I'm sorry.  We all make mistakes.... it's just that I would hate to see you fail at something you obviously worked hard for.  Please - follow your doctor's plan.  As others have said, nerves were cut and you will feel hunger.  Once you get to the "real food" stage and you are eating dense proteins, things should get better.  A lot of times we feel "head hunger". Don't overeat your pouch - it can be very dangerous.  

It takes real commitment - I hope you get in touch with your doctor and/or take whatever steps are necessary to deal with any issues you are having.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

brandycain
on 4/20/15 1:49 am

Thank you, Maybe I was too sensitive.  I did talk to my Dr nurse and my nutritionist today. We came up with some ideas and I feel better talking to them. 

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?