I bought a Yonana

browneyes65
on 4/16/15 3:02 pm - IN

What fruit is safe to use , want to add protein powder to it? not sure of sugar content in frozen fruit is safe.

Doingrightin2015
on 4/16/15 7:02 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I have had a yonana Machine for a couple of years now. I have not used it since I have had my surgery. I am not allowed much in fruits yet. But it the past I have used bananas of course, and strawberries or mixed berries. I also freeze yogurt before it goes out of date and I use it in there too!. now you have given me Idea's to use frozen greek yogurt and protein powders!!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

chulbert
on 4/16/15 10:31 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

All fresh, whole fruit is safe.  If you find that a particular fruit disagrees with you then avoid it just like you would any other food that disagrees with you.

browneyes65
on 4/17/15 12:54 am - IN

is frozen fruit good to or just fresh ?

chulbert
on 4/17/15 12:56 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Frozen fruit is perfectly fine.  I was just trying to draw a distinction between whole fruit and processed or canned fruit soaking in syrup.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/17/15 1:23 am - OH

If you try to use non-frozen fruit, it will affect the consistency of the product and you will get something watery and unappealing. Whatever kind of fruit you choose (fresh, natural juice canned, or frozen), it needs to be frozen before you put it in the machine.  

I have one but don't use it very often.  It really isn't as creamy as the propaganda leads you to believe, but if you want a sorbet-type dessert that is all fruit with no added sugar, it is good for that.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NYMom222
on 4/17/15 1:27 am, edited 4/17/15 1:27 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I won a dessert bullet at a raffle, basically the same as the Yonana. Haven't used it too much yet because it was winter. You can make recipes too and freeze them in ice cube trays and then put the ice cubes through. I have some lemon yogurt cubes frozen now, waiting for a warm day. I found this blog that was very informative, I learned a lot by reading her recipes. Like let the ice cubes thaw a little before putting through - you can run it through 2X if you want it creamier. etc. If you make your own cubes you can definitely add protein powder.

Dessert Bullet

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views