Starting pre-op diet tomorrow after a bad weekend

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/15 1:08 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Confession time: This weekend was perhaps the worst I've eaten in 6 months. I think it was a bit of "last meal syndrome" combined with my pre-op diet starting tomorrow and my dislike of wasting things leading me to try to eat up things in the house that I'd otherwise have to throw away (my husband's surgery is a week after mine, and we're the only human members of our household). It didn't even particularly taste good or feel pleasurable. I guess if there's a silver lining, it's that I realized I won't really miss those things any more when I *can't* eat them than I did in the past 6 months of *choosing* not to eat them. Easy Mac and I have officially parted ways.

I know I made bad choices, and I'm not looking for sympathy, but I'm not beating myself up either -- tomorrow starts a new day and starts my 2-week pre-op diet. It's high protein, low fat, low-moderate carb, and all foods must be chosen from a 1-page list. Protein shake for breakfast tomorrow and some turkey, cottage cheese, and a clementine for lunch. LET'S DO THIS!!

christinerocks
on 4/19/15 8:43 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Yes, kick the easy mac and all his cousins to the curb.  It's an abusive relationship!  you're on the train now and you're ready to rock this.  :-) 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Missmandy24
on 4/19/15 9:36 pm

Don't feel bad! I totally went to my favorite italian resturaunt and ordered ALL my favorites for my last meal before my preop diet. And guess what?!? My preop diet was only for two days- and int hose two days I lost7lbs! :) that last meal didn't even show up on the scale. Now I am heading to the hospital and all those things are my past... Onto to better things! 

newmein2015
on 4/20/15 10:30 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Great attitude! I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for me "last meal" before starting my preop.  My farewell to bad eating.  Still lost 16 pounds on the preop.  I am only 2 weeks out. I purposely wont weigh myself until my 1st postop appt this week, but I was able to fit a pair of pants I havent fit for 2 years today.  That tells me something is going right.

You have such a positive attitude, I know you will do well.  Good luck! 

dJean
on 4/20/15 8:31 pm
RNY on 05/07/15

I had my last weigh in on Thursday. Started my pre-op diet Monday...In between all bets were off. I had my last everything I wanted. Funny thing was...Most of what I wanted was all in my head. I really didn't want that much when it was in front of me. I'll take that as a god sign. I don't count it as a bad weekend though. More akin to my bachelorette party. A goodbye to all those bad indulgences that I don't need anymore...Something better is waiting...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 471 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 383 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 220 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics