Drain out

momx3
on 4/19/15 1:42 am

hi 

I'm 6 days out now -tues I need to get drain out -but having a hard time finding a ride. Anybody drive themselves to appt?is it painful to have taken out. My pain level is still pretty high so really didn't want to drive. I would have to not take pain meds plus my dr is far from my home ....But I want it out! Any suggestions? Thank you

mornings
on 4/19/15 6:30 am - Canada

if your feeling drained my suggestion is  take a cab ,   its not worth the risk as you honestly don't know how you feel  when it comes out till its out ,   taxi maybe money worth spent for you if you have any discomfort

Sherrie P.
on 4/19/15 10:22 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Getting the drain out is not painful. It feels weird -- but not bad.

Depends on whether or not you are on pain medicine. I could have driven at 6 days out - but you need to do the safe thing!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

momx3
on 4/19/15 11:20 am

Hi thank you. Sadly I'm not ready to drive. I had extensive surgery due to a past hernia repair so my surgery was like 9 hrs. My left side burns like crazy so I'm afraid to drive and my dr is far. So I guess I'm a slow healer as we'll but appreciate you taking the time. 

Bev B.
on 4/21/15 12:46 pm

My surgeon had us (hubby and me) take it out. 

momx3
on 4/21/15 1:14 pm

The drain????odd. Was not comfortable did you both have same surgery? I can't get my husband involved at sll

He has had no part over me since morning of. He slept threw all dr and nurses instructions. Literally snored. And has since just been a constant reminder that this was my idea not his   So very alone. My 3 sons have been wonderful ..

oh we'll good luck to

yoh both

christinerocks
on 4/21/15 10:03 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I'm sorry to hear this.  Do you have any other personal/moral support from friends or family?  Hang in there and continue to get strong.  

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Bev B.
on 4/21/15 2:26 pm

That is TERRIBLE that he isn't helping you at all.  I'm so sorry.

I wasn't very clear with my response.  I had the surgery, and my hubby took care of me.  He took the drain out, as per the docs instructions.  I have to say, I was COMPLETELY flabbergasted that he had us do that ourselves, but he did.  I was still on oral pain meds, and my husband was very brave.  Not sure I could have done it....but, he did, and it wasn't too bad.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics