Migraines!?!

Semaenlightened
on 4/18/15 10:06 am
RNY on 03/25/15

I maybe used to get 1 migraine a month but it was more like every other month.  Since my surgery (3 weeks ago) I have gotten 1 every week...always on Saturday...I am taking my imitrex but wow...the pre-auras are disrupting my vision.  They may not be surgery related at all..but just thought I would through it out there to see if anyone has any thoughts.  On a good note...made wonderful salmon and calliflower mash tonight for dinner!! YUM!!!

hollykim
on 4/18/15 10:33 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

artificial sweeteners can cause migraines

Semaenlightened
on 4/18/15 11:55 am
RNY on 03/25/15

Yeah I was thinking about that.

cspotrun
on 4/18/15 1:22 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Also just the major change in the number of calories you are getting can really shake up your body.  And then there are the hormonal changes that could trigger a migraine.  I would think it would settle back down once your body isn't in shock from major surgery.

Karen   

TimeForMe61
on 4/18/15 7:18 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

I used to get bad migraines prior to surgery. I only get headaches now if I haven't been drinking enough water. Try increasing your fluids and see if that helps.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/19/15 12:11 am

Nutrasweet would give me wicjed headaches. 

And constipation. And you can have BM every day and be full of it.  I am talking from experiance. Unfortunately. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

etiedeman
on 4/19/15 12:35 pm

I am 6 days post-op and with a raging migraine. Artificial sweeteners do it to me, and of course, the prescribed diet is full of sucralose and aspertame. And guess what!? I'm allergic to Stevia. I'm trying monk fruit and have an order of xylitol coming tomorrow. Hopefully it will help. I've read in other places that people just use a teeeeeeensy bit of real sugar. That might be what we need to do. I think like when you get a spoon wet and dip it in the sugar bowl then tap it off, whatever remains. That's gotta be like 1/40th of a teaspoon.

Age: 33; Height: 5'7"; VSG 4/14/15; HW: 344lbs (Jan '15); SW: 330lbs; GW#1: 170lbs 

Brian121
on 5/9/16 9:17 pm

You should definitely take a look at my recent post about migraines and citric acid (incl citrate in vitamin supplements) and rule this out as something you perhaps changed after your surgery:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/6005434/Caution-citrat e-supplements-amp-migraines/

Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 394 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views