What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/14/15 11:27 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Hump Day, my fellow menu minions!  You know what I hate?  When I have something to do every day after work.  Like yesterday, my husband and I had a meeting with the school superintendent (so we could ***** about Common Core) and a Cub Scout leader meeting.  Tonight my son has baseball practice for 2 hours.  Tomorrow is a Scout den meeting AND baseball practice.  Friday is a dance at my son's school.  Oh, and Saturday there's some Lego thing for Scouts that I apparently agreed to attend.  *hmph*  I'm overscheduled!!  LOL  I can't even read anymore; by the time I get into bed I'm too tired.  I'm actually reading (or trying to, anyway) The Fault in Our Stars.  Because I'm a teenage girl.  LOLOL  What are you reading right now?

B:  coffee and a Chobani 100 in peach

S:  Fiber One Lemon Bar

L:  Turkey sammich!  I've got 2 oz of deli turkey, a slice of Colby jack and 2 pieces of Sara Lee light wheat.  I may even spread a Laughing Cow herb and garlic wedge on there.  You know, I have no idea if I'm going to be able to eat this, but I'm jonesing for a real sandwich.  I also have some green grapes, but these may need to wait.

D:  So, here's the part where all these "after-school activities" throw me for a loop.  My plan is to take a Click Mocha to the ball field and have some scrambled eggs and salsa when I get home, but as always, this is subject to change.  I don't know what the rest of them are going to eat.  They're on their own. 

TOTALS (if I eat my menu as planned):  Cals:  828  Protein:  63  Carbs:  82  Fat:  30

NEXT!

mamata2
on 4/14/15 11:49 pm

Oh AV I feel ya!  It seems like every night I'm shuttling one or both of the kiddos to some god forsaken activity.  Then come home, exercise, make dinner, do laundry or collapse on the couch for a few minutes.  Last night my body was so exhausted I went to be at 8!  I think Mom's (all women) deserve an extra day off a week where we are allowed to nothing for anyone but ourselves!!

Here is my dilemma today, I ate my breakfast and then continued to eat my whole lunch!!  WTH?  I have been super hungry lately.  I don't know if its because I am moving further from surgery or if the increase in exercise is to blame.  Anyone have thoughts?  I'm still staying under my calorie goals but by the skin of my teeth.

Time since surgery: 9 months

B: SF iced latte, oats with dried cherries, 1oz pepperoni, string cheese and Good Bean chickpeas

S: Coffee

L: Unknown - Damn it I ate it for breakfast!!  I guess I'll have to go out.  Maybe Taco Bell.

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: Unknown (husband is in charge of that tonight)

S: Atkins Indulge Bar

W/V: Started

E: 1 hour run

Totals:  UNKNOWN :(

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 4/14/15 11:54 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I usually find that for a few days about a week and a half before my period I am ravenous and thinking about food all the time.  Like if I could unhinge my jaw and tip the fridge back, I would.  All I can do is white knuckle it until it passes.  But I also have tiny pouch days, so I figure it all evens out in the end.  That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

mamata2
on 4/14/15 11:57 pm

I am 2 wks out from Aunt Flo otherwise I would definitely say that's my problem.  I agree with the small/unending pouch days evening everything out.  I'm just scared that my honeymoon period is over :(

NYMom222
on 4/14/15 11:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You don't say what your calorie goal is, but you may have answered your own question. A one hour run, may require your body to have more calories.... especially if you are doing it consistently.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mamata2
on 4/15/15 12:00 am

Calorie goal is usually 1300 but I go up to 1600-1700 on days that I run/bike/swim for over an hour.  I'm not losing any weight really (except before my period) but I keep thinking that muscle weighs more than fat, right?  LOL.

NYMom222
on 4/14/15 11:53 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Ahhhh... I kinda miss those over-scheduled days when my son was young. Is that the Fiber One Lemon Bar that is like a dessert? I love those and the Fiber One Brownies. I won't buy them because I don't know if I could control myself. Also Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches... can't buy too tempting.

I hate to say it - I am reading the Internet. :(. I am a researcher and studier and love reading articles... I am not only on OH...my friends always say "How do you know that?" ....hahaha....no books right now though.

B: Tea, 1 egg over easy, cantelope

S: Premier Protein

L: 1 Turkey Meatball, spinach

S: Celery and PB (Never got to eat it yesterday)

D: Roast Chicken, salad

S: yogurt

E: 45 min on rebounder trampoline

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 4/14/15 11:57 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes to the Fiber One bars!  I buy them for my son's morning snack, but I figure since there are 6 in the box and only 5 school days in a week...well someone has to fall on that sword and eat the extra one.  LOL

NYMom222
on 4/15/15 12:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Haha... you are tooooo funny. I see nothing wrong with that logic :)

Save

Save

Berryhoosier
on 4/15/15 12:14 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I can't eat them.  They make it impossible for me to be around people.  Or myself, for that matter.  When your dog starts holding his nose, you know it's bad!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics