NSV-what are you grateful for

christinerocks
on 4/14/15 4:11 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I am reading this post with tears streaming down my face. I just want to say, to all previous and following posters, you rock. 

Only 8 days post op, no NSV's yet but you're all showing us the way.

Thank you for this post! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Molly7689
on 4/14/15 4:38 am

I'm only 1.5 months out but my biggest NSV so far is the wheel being a few inches from my stomach when I drive. 2 months ago the wheel rubbed my stomach and I couldn't move the seat back because of short legs. Now I've got room to spare and it's much more comfortable (and safer). Also-- I go to a lot of meetings for work and I'm always nervous about the chair size. I'm already down enough I don't really have to worry! 

mckey1
on 4/14/15 4:49 am

I am two weeks away from my surgery, but I am grateful that I have this chance. The steps I have taken to be better with my eating and exercise. And as always my Husband and kids who support me.

soozy_q
on 4/14/15 5:57 am
RNY on 10/20/14

Great post.  I am just shy of 6 months out and have had so many NSVs that I am grateful for:

* No airplane seat belt extender

* Fit in a booth

* Don't get winded walking up steps...just toured Mammoth Cave over 500 steps....would not have even tried a year ago

* Not having to shop for clothes in a specialty store

* Wiping my bum with ease

* Sitting cross legged on the floor

* Able to get up off the floor

* Room on my lap for the dogs

I could keep on going.  New discoveries every day.  So grateful for the opportunity to get healthy.

Navychic
on 4/14/15 6:14 am
RNY on 02/09/15

LOL Soozy Q, You took mine.  I was going to say cleaning up after a poop is easy now.  No gymnastics, no crazy stretches, no cramps, no having to remove clothes to make it happen, you just take care of business.  The simple things really do it for me...

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Paul C.
on 4/14/15 6:16 am - Cumming, GA

I can 

SWIM

BIKE

RUN

Do all 3 back to back in public while wearing skin tight Spandex and be eFING proud!  I enjoy being a triathlete even if I am not a very fast one.  I am thankful for the wonderful friends I have made living the lifestyle of someone who enjoys Tri.  I have met and been encouraged by professionals twice as fast as me. I have good friends who are world ranked Age groupers and a team that cheers me on regardless of how fast or slow I am.  some know my story some don't but they all believe in me, sometimes more than I believe in myself.

The Biggest NSV is that after 4 years my wife has started running and we spent the winter training and running together and will resume after my big HIM in may as she trains for her first Half Marathon.  I have inspired a number of people to believe in themselves and not only participate in a Triathlon but to go for a Half Ironman, or even run a 5K.

I have become the type of person my family can be proud of.

oh yeah I have some wicked ass cool calves

Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
SkinnyScientist
on 4/14/15 7:44 am

This

http://www.obesityhelp.com/photos/album/183886/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/photos/album/183886/

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/15 7:56 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I'm still pre-op but am already enjoying a steady stream of NSVs. I eliminated 2 of my diabetes meds. In January the dose of my BP med got halved, and just this week I was able to stop it entirely. I can ride my bike 11.5 miles now without having to stop for breaks. I reached a new intensity record the other day and burned 900 calories in an hour of Dance Dance Revolution. My resting heart rate has dropped from ~103 to ~75. My liver enzymes are back to normal. I can hike with my husband and dog without stopping to cry in pain because of plantar fasciitis. My favorite jeans from high school fit again (and are *almost* actually back in style, hahaha). I'm 40 lbs away from my lowest post-puberty weight, and I can't wait to get a new tool to help me lose the rest (and maybe even keep it off this time!)

mysty888
on 4/14/15 9:04 am, edited 4/14/15 9:44 am
RNY on 01/22/15

I am eleven weeks post-op, and even though I've been told many times, by many people, that I will fail, I have succeeded. I am not quite halfway there, but getting closer by the day. I feel so much better in my skin now, my loose skin, but its mine. I can cross my legs comfortably now, both of them. I used to never be able to cross the right over the left, but I can now. I still have a social life. I had a very active social life before, but it hasn't changed, even going out to eat or to parties. I weigh less now than I have in the last at least 15 or more years. I didn't get on a scale for so long, that I don't even know for sure how many years its been! My boyfriend can feel how much I've lost when he hugs me, and I fit more comfortably in his arms when we are cuddling. I feel lighter. I feel sexier, even though that is not why I had surgery. I've saved a ton of money not going to drive-thrus or buying crap food! I don't "have to have" any type of food anymore. I am more than satisfied with what I can eat, and I don't miss the crap. I'm not a slave to eating anymore, it has no power over me. I don't need it to comfort me or make me feel anything.

The biggest NSV for me, is that my 18 year old son and 17 year old step son have both lost weight since they saw me doing it. They know I had surgery, but they have both adopted appropriate and healthy high protein/lower carb diets and are committed to getting healthy. They work out with me and track everything they eat in their myfitnesspal apps. They pay attention to what they eat and make appropriate choices on their own. No more crap food in the house! We are trying new recipes, and lettuce cups are our new bread, lol. Watching them succeed, and knowing they are learning by example is the best thing ever!

lcraver
on 4/14/15 10:11 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Only 6 weeks out but my NSV is being able to drive our work car easily. I work with the homeless and hated doing my outreach visits because the car was so freakin' tight. I actually felt like a pimple being popped trying to get out of it! I know, gross, but it's the only analogy that fits. Today, I got in and could actually turn the wheel without it bumping my gut. It's a good day.

And, reading everyone's post is so uplifting!  

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics