An Admission of my Guilt

momjan
on 4/17/15 2:02 pm - Canada

Right on White Dove.  I still don't eat flour, rice, potatoes, pasta, soda or crackers.  I do occasionally have a slice of low carb bread (the loaf is in the freezer and will last me over two months), sometimes a jelly bean or two.  I bake, but usually use spenda and always use coconut flour, almond flour, etc.  A chocolate syrup, or a chocolate protein powder should curb your chocoholic-ness, or pick up a chocolate instant pudding mix........

lucky2brh-yahoo.com
on 4/22/15 1:40 am - Wilmington, NC
RNY on 07/01/14

Ahhh, the wise White Dove has absolutely nailed it. I am 5 pounds or so from goal, and I say,  the same thing,  "DON'T OPEN THAT CARB MONSTER DOOR!!!!"   Bad carbs and goodies are Exactly what put me there (250+) Sooooo, It only makes common sense to me that the bad carbs have to be what is NOT there now.  Like a thin shadow that comes slithering in, growing ever larger day by day, until the door is open enough for him to fully come in and take you over again!!!  Keep the door shut!!!

Sherrie P.
on 4/16/15 12:11 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I would try to cut them out - until you get to goal, and then in moderation to maintain. Am I perfect -- HECK NO. If I could stay away from that stuff now maintenance would be easier. I eat... I gain.. I diet... I lose.  Seems like old times -- but at least I am playing with 10 pounds around my goal weight and not my highest!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Gwen M.
on 4/17/15 10:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I think that any behavior you can't control is worth examining.  So it might be wise to examine these things and correct them.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

okgal50
on 4/17/15 3:29 pm

Even deeper than a food addiction is a sugar sensitivity addiction. Many families that have alcoholics will,have sugar addicts as well. It's in the chemistry. Alcohol basically is sugar once in your system. The carbohydrate addict is basically the same principal but some people can tolerate some carbs and no sugar. Some people can tolerate sugar alcohol sweeteners in their chocolate. There's tons of great reading on the Internet about this. I know because I'm one!  

yankeescl
on 4/19/15 11:51 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I'm sorry, but I have to echo most of the previous replies.  I am below my goal and still do not touch carbs, alcohol or sugar.  I would not know if I dum*****t because I won't even test my pouch.  Just try to remember why you had this surgery, and the promises that you made to yourself.  Hold fast and you will succeed!  Best of luck!

Chilipepper
on 4/20/15 1:08 am

You are in your honeymoon period and you only get one shot at this. You aren't losing faster because I can guarantee you aren't in ketosis and you are setting yourself up for disappointment when all is said and done. The idea behind this surgery is not only portion control but most importantly the engine that makes it work is low carb. You are a little over 4 months out. That candy and wine shouldn't even be on your radar. 

One Apple has 17 carbs, one banana has 51!  In addition to chocolate and wine and peanut butter is something you should plug holes in the walls with not eating. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

clr055
on 4/20/15 1:36 am - Lewisville, ID

I really appreciate all of your replies folks. Helps me be brutally honest to myself and to have you all saying exactly what I need to hear. You are absolutely right! I purged the house of everything bad, to my 13 year old daughters dismay (she will get over it), and today is the new start of my new start.

Chilipepper
on 4/20/15 1:37 am

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

MyLady Heidi
on 4/20/15 7:31 am, edited 4/20/15 7:33 am

I don't drink so that I can't speak to that but you have two options as I see it with the chocolate, you can switch over to a chocolate protein bar or something healthy that has your chocolate fix in it, I eat coconut greek yogurt with chocolate bits and almonds, or you can keep eating your small amounts of chocolate every day.  I would literally die if I didn't have something chocolate every day.  It has always been my thing and it will remain my thing until the day I die I am sure.  There is a way to make peace with it and keep it as part of your diet forever if you keep it under control.

Alcohol is a slippery slope.  Good Luck with that.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics