What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/15 5:13 am

Thank you. I think she felt good once it was over the shaving of the head. She is just focusing on getting well. 

Dcgirl
on 4/13/15 7:00 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am so sorry you are dealing with this, Susan.  My thoughts are with you and your mom.  My mom is also battling cancer so I know how difficult and uncertain it can be.  You're a great daughter to help her shave her head and support her.  I am sure she loves seeing you so healthy!  It's great you can spend time together!

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/15 7:13 am

Thanks Em. It is really hard sometimes. I just keep telling myself I am not the one with cancer. I have to be strong for her. I will cry but not in front of her. 

It was really weird shaving her head. I was ****ting bricks not sure how I was going to react. Or how she was going to react. 

It is nice spending time with her. I try to go up every couple of weeks. I live two hours from her and I don't like to stay up there. I need my space. I also would miss my dogs. 

She is going to be okay. It will suck for a while but it will get better. The petscan didn't show cancer anywhere else in her body. So that was a good thing .

I am so excited for you to be able to wear a bikini. You must take pictures. It helps others stay motivated. 

Dcgirl
on 4/13/15 7:39 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You all have some high expectations of how I will look in a bikini lol!  I will definitely take and post pics but my arms still sag and so do my thighs.  My stomach looks great however, so why not.  

It's great you can see your mom every few weeks.  My mom stayed with me for a week while I recovered from plastics and we truly had an amazing time. She loves seeing me get healthy, and I love spending time with her, especially never knowing how much time we have left.  

Glad to hear her petscan was so positive!

Berryhoosier
on 4/13/15 12:15 am
RNY on 12/17/14

So glad everyone had a great weekend!  I hung out in Alabama with mom, and we had some friends down from Indiana and Kentucky.  These are people I would choose as family if that were possible :)  I did fairly well with food, but ate too much popcorn on Saturday.

I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon.  It would be so great if THEIR scales would say 199.  But my at-home, morning, naked weight was 199 this morning, so I'm not too hopeful.  Should a miracle happen, I will take a pic!

B: slice of roast beef, 1/2 ounce bruchetta jack cheese, dried fruit(2T)

L:  ham with sugar free cherry sauce, green beans

S: almonds, gouda, dried fruit (2T)

D: ?  I may do spaghetti (heavy on the meat, light on the pasta) or go out.

EX: weight training and elliptical

Emiepie
on 4/13/15 12:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hoping to see that pic!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 4/13/15 12:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Monday!

Sounds like a great weekend-so glad you had an absolute blast.

So I tried to make chicken crusted pizza and learned that wax paper is not parchment paper....my pizza was not edible. But luckily I had a package of the flat out bread (they had been sampling it at Walmart on Saturday and I had seen it mentioned here a few times) so I was able to eat a 1/4 of one of those as my pizza and was impressed with how easy it was and that it will feed me 4 times!

Time since surgery:  8 months 

B: Skinny latte with soy, egg beaters, spinach, broccoli and cheese scramble, some berries and a clementine (still not sick of it!)

L: P3 ham pack and a handful of trail mix

S: L&F blueberry yogurt with chia seeds and a handful of pumpkin flax granola

D: 1/4 flat out pizza and small salad with additional pepperoni 

S: Blueberry and out thin addictives with a laughing cow light swiss wedge

E: 1/2 hour of stationary stepper and hopefully a walk at lunch

Totals: Cals: 994 Protein: 68 Carbs: 77 Fat: 47

Good day all!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 4/13/15 3:55 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I love using a portobello mushroom cap as my pizza crust.  I scrape out the gills of the mushroom first.  Then I bake the cap in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.  Both of these steps help dry out the cap so the pizza isn't mushy.  Then I load it with pizza sauce (love the TJ's sauce from the cold case), olives, turkey pepperoni and lite mozzarella cheese) and bake in the 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.  It is delish and totally satisfies that pizza craving.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Emiepie
on 4/13/15 6:20 am, edited 4/13/15 6:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I haven't been a mushroom fan in the past but it may be time to try them again.

Dodgergirl27
on 4/13/15 1:57 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

Glad to hear it's warming up for most of you and good weekends were had by all!  I worked most of the weekend, but I feel less frazzled this morning than I did all of last week, so I'm ok with it.  It will likely be another busy week for me, so my post will be shortish, but as always, I love reading everything about your weeks/days.

Time since surgery: 14.5 months

B - 2 string cheeses

L - Leftover chicken tikka masala & bell peppers

D - TBD (if I'm lazy, the rest of the tikka masala...which lets be honest, I'll be lazy :)

W/V - On track

E - Spin class tonight (I haven't been in almost 2 weeks, eek!) Tonight maybe rough...

Have a great week everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views