Concerns about pain

Wyldrose
on 4/10/15 8:12 am - Petaluma, CA

My name is Heather and I am 10 months out. I had a stricture last September, and I have been experiencing similar symptoms that past week, so I assumed that's what it was, and had an endoscopy yesterday. Unfortunately for me, they didn't find anything. Since then I had to go back to the er for extreme abdominal pain and nausea. Unable to keep and food down since last Sunday, and hardly any water. Ive had to be hooked up to fluids 3 times this week to avoid dehydration. The doctors can not find anything wrong with me. I have had xrays, a ct scan, and endoscopy. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences? My docs are stumped and I an afraid of what could happen next.

Heather

MickeyDee
on 4/10/15 9:17 am

How are your BMs?  That can create the pain.  Nausea is often the side-effect of dehydration.

Maybe check your gall bladder??

These are the first thing off the top of my head;  hope they find your problem soon

Wyldrose
on 4/10/15 11:11 am - Petaluma, CA

no bms since monday. I haven't had to go. They ruled.out gall bladder and appendix. stil no idea what's wrong. just on tons of pain meds and Zofran 

Maria27
on 4/11/15 12:35 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Sounds similar to what happened to my friend (who also had RNY a few months before). Horrible abdominal pain, and the docs couldn't figure out why. It was a bowel obstruction. Apparently white women who have had children are at most risk for this to happen (don't know if that is you or not). Especially considering that you haven't been able to go, I would ask about it. My friend had to voluntarily commit herself to the hospital because of the pain before they finally were able to figure out what was going on.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Wyldrose
on 4/11/15 2:16 am - Petaluma, CA

the CT scan ruled out a bowel obstruction, but today is 6 days of pain and suffering. they still don't know what to do. 

Maria27
on 4/11/15 2:22 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

It was initially ruled out for my friend too. Another doctor figured it out after going over the scans again. Hang in there. Maybe you need a fresh set of eyes to go over everything and double check.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

hollykim
on 4/11/15 2:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM Pacific Time, Wyldrose wrote:

My name is Heather and I am 10 months out. I had a stricture last September, and I have been experiencing similar symptoms that past week, so I assumed that's what it was, and had an endoscopy yesterday. Unfortunately for me, they didn't find anything. Since then I had to go back to the er for extreme abdominal pain and nausea. Unable to keep and food down since last Sunday, and hardly any water. Ive had to be hooked up to fluids 3 times this week to avoid dehydration. The doctors can not find anything wrong with me. I have had xrays, a ct scan, and endoscopy. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences? My docs are stumped and I an afraid of what could happen next.

Heather

you could have an ulcer in the remnant stomach. I think the only way to check that is an open exploratory surgery.

Wyldrose
on 4/11/15 3:15 am - Petaluma, CA

The GI doctor did say that an ulcer was a possibility, but he didn't mention an exploratory. Ugh. I would hate that, but then again, the pain is ridiculous as well. I am finally able to keep down a tiny bit of water and my meds without too much pain today. I started a med that specifically targets stomach pain. I wonder how long I should wait before I push them for more definitive diagnostics? If it is an ulcer does anyone know what they can do for it? 

Navychic
on 4/12/15 8:44 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Just as a cautionary, it couldn't hurt to dose up on miralax.  If its not bowel issues, no harm no foul, but a heck of a lot easier to check... I do know its a huge issue with a bunch of us post WLS.

Good Luck

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics