Losing focus

LISER617
on 4/8/15 12:00 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

I am on track with diet, vitamins, water and exercise. What i am talking about it actually losing focus. Dont know whats been wrong with me lately. I can not stay focused, i am very easily distracted, forgetful and just mentally "hazy". Maybe its just me but i was wondering if anyone else had these issues after surgery at all? 

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 1:51 am

Yes I can totally relate. I have always been a little wifty as my mom would say. But some days I forget so much crap. I feel like I am losing it. 

I now write a list and have no  more than five things written on them. I really have to focus when I am cleaning like one room at a time or nothing gets done. 

Lists help. I always have to re-track my steps when I go to one room to the other.

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 2:02 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Have you had your thyroid checked recently? My TSH was only slightly elevated, but I felt a big difference in my ability to concentrate after starting a low dose of levothyroxine. I was in grad school and working nights at the time, neither of which helped my focus!

LISER617
on 4/9/15 12:28 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

Thanks for the info. I do not know the last time my thyroid levels were checked, something ill have to look into. 

MyLady Heidi
on 4/8/15 1:29 pm

B12 deficiency can do that.  Are you sure you are absorbing it?

LISER617
on 4/9/15 12:29 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

My 6 month labs came back good besides anemia which is on the up swing. But B12 looked good?!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/9/15 12:34 am - OH

Others have already mentioned some potential vitamin deficiencies, but how many carbs do you get a day?  What you are describing is very commonly a complaint of those who do very low carb diets for an extended period of time.  The extreme carb restriction affects brain functioning.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LISER617
on 4/9/15 2:43 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

I'm usually in the 40-50 g of carbs daily range. I do try to stay low carb but dont feel as if this is extreme?!  Would you consider it extreme? 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/10/15 2:30 pm - OH

No, I wouldn't say that is extreme, but different people's bodies react differently, of course.  Some people here have talked about staying under 25-30g per day... which does seem extreme given that many people in maintenance eat 100g of carbs a day.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics